Jamaica Open for Business!

Old August 13th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Jamaica Open for Business!

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from the Jamaica Tourist Board and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Jamaica Open for Business After Passing of Hurricane Charley

KINGSTON, Jamaica, Aug. 12
The Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) is happy to report that the island has
been spared the onslaught of Hurricane Charley and it's business as
usual.
There was no major damage, and tourism interests are pleased the
weather conditions resulted in very little disruption in operations.

According to Tourism Director Paul Pennicook, "Now that the threat has
passed, we anticipate that the industry will continue to experience
the strong growth it has enjoyed since the post-9/11 recovery."

Hurricane Charley, which was upgraded from a tropical storm on
Wednesday afternoon, resulted in strong winds and heavy rains
islandwide. However, by late evening, the parishes most affected were
along the island's southern coast.

"Our hoteliers and allied partners had taken all necessary precautions
to ensure the safety of our visitors and we wish to assure the
traveling public that the hurricane had minimal impact on the
industry," said Godfrey Dyer, President of the Jamaica Hotel and
Tourist Association (JHTA).

Both international airports in Kingston and Montego Bay have resumed
normal operations.

"While the island has been spared the ravage of Charley, we are
however mindful of the hurricane's present path and hope our
neighbours enjoy a similar outcome," stated Aloun N'dombet-Assamba,
Minister of Industry and Tourism.

Details of upcoming special events, attractions and accommodations in
Jamaica are posted on the Jamaica Tourist Board Web site at
http://www.visitjamaica.com. JTB can be reached toll-free at
1-800-233-4JTB (1-800-233-4582).

Old August 20th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Diva

Why don't you do a google about this? You can read to your heart's
content all about it. It's been discussed ad-nauseum here. Since I
took the time to respond to you, I'll also reiterate my opinion. It is
his personal preference and is not against the charter. He's been
doing it for years. Along with his signature which contains his
business information he posts helpful and interesting posts which
personally I find to be of value. Would that there were more posters
like him on this newsgroup instead of those who seem to want to stir
up the ****pot all the time.

June

"Mary Jane Meyerson" wrote in
message
news:ZGlja2dvbGQ=.171b9a81da2b044935f83b593b3f022b @1093026335.nulluser.com...
Ray Goldenberg wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from the Jamaica Tourist Board and

thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news'

postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.

I've been reading this group for almost a year now and have a
question. Why is Ray Goldenberg the only travel agent allowed to
advertise with blatent ad copy like this? It seems as though if
another travel agent were to do this, 50 people would be calling for
his or her head. Yet Ray gets away with it.
Seems like a double standard to me.

MJM

Old August 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Mary Jane Meyerson wrote:

I've been reading this group for almost a year now and have a
question. Why is Ray Goldenberg the only travel agent allowed to
advertise with blatent ad copy like this? It seems as though if
another travel agent were to do this, 50 people would be calling for
his or her head. Yet Ray gets away with it.
Seems like a double standard to me.

I don't know if you mean his signature lines or the press releases
that he posts. The signature line is within what is allowed by the
rec.travel.cruises charter. The press releases he posts are very
informative, appreciated by a lot of regular posters here and on
topic. IMO Ray is a very valuable contributor to this newsgroup.

sue

Old August 20th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Gayle A Kortright

Mary Jane:
Many of us do not consider what Ray posts as blatant advertising. He is
allowed to post his signature lines and what he posts are considered by
many (including myself) to be helpful or informative. Too many of the
people who post here are only interested in stirring up trouble. I'm
glad to see Ray's posts - he's not saying "use me use me" he's just
posting information and I hope he continues doing this!

Gayle

Old August 21st, 2004, 09:13 AM
RayC

Mary Jane Meyerson wrote:

I don't know which of those press releases Ray posts you have been
reading, but the ones I read are 90% advertising fluff. It seems to me
that if Carnival or Princess or NCL were to have one of their
employees post the SAME ad copy on rtc, you and everyone else here
would be screaming SPAM at the top of your voices. But if Ray does it
for them, suddenly it's OK with you. Kind of a double standard, no?

I agree that Ray has been very helpful to many, but to overlook the
obvious is just plain stupid. If he wasn't getting something out of
posting all those blatant ads, he wouldn't keep doing it.

JMHO

MJM

He is getting something. He is getting known as a helpful
person. There are others in the group get known also ... as
whiners, complainers and trolls.

Just my $.02

--
Ray Contreras