Tropical Weather Cruise Updates!

Old September 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Tropical Weather Cruise Updates!

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Royal Caribbean and thought it would
be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Tropical Weather Update

September 17, 2004 - 3 p.m.

Royal Caribbean International continues to closely monitor the path
and progress of Tropical Storm Jeanne, in the Caribbean, and Hurricane
Javier, off Mexico's west coast. We do this to ensure our guests enjoy
safe and comfortable cruises and to make certain our ships steer clear
of the storms. We also continue to monitor our operations resulting
from Hurricanes Ivan and Frances.

The safety and comfort of our guests are always the foremost concern
of Royal Caribbean International.

Due to damage caused by Hurricane Frances, Royal Caribbean
International is currently unable to bring its ships to Freeport,
Bahamas; and Coco Cay, Bahamas, Royal Caribbean's private island.
Also, Royal Caribbean International's Mariner of the Seas is currently
unable to sail into Port Canaveral, Florida, but will resume its
normal Sunday departures from there on September 19.

In the case of Port Canaveral, a sand bar, 50 feet wide, was created
by Hurricane Frances in the channel leading to the port. This has
reduced the depth of the water in that area to approximately 20 feet,
and the depth of the water in the deepest part of the channel to
approximately 30 feet. Mariner of the Seas, which normally sails from
Port Canaveral, is one of the largest cruise ships in the world and
requires a minimum water depth of 35 feet to safely sail. The channel
is currently being cleared of the excess sand and Mariner of the Seas
will return there this Sunday

Given the locations and projected paths of Hurricanes Jeanne and
Javier, and the results of Hurricanes Ivan and Frances, we are
currently altering the itineraries of several Royal Caribbean
International ships.

We will update this information three times daily - at 10 a.m., 3 p.m.
and 7 p.m.

Ships sailing from Port Canaveral

Sovereign of the Seas will resume its normal Friday and Monday
departures from Port Canaveral starting today.

REVISED: Sovereign of the Seas, which departs today on a three-night
sailing, will not make its port call in Coco Cay, Bahamas, on Sunday.
Instead, the ship will extend its stay in Nassau, Bahamas, arriving at
11 a.m. Saturday and departing at midnight Sunday.

Mariner of the Seas, originally scheduled to depart Port Canaveral on
September 12, on a seven-night sailing, made that sailing from the
Port of Miami The ship will now return to Port Canaveral on Sunday
morning, September 19. At the conclusion of this sailing, Royal
Caribbean will transport guests from Port Canaveral to the Orlando,
Fort Lauderdale, and Miami airports, as well as the Port of Miami.

Mariner of the Seas, will resume its normal Sunday departures from
Port Canaveral starting on Sunday, September 19.

Ships sailing from the Port of Miami

Explorer of the Seas currently on its September 12 sailing, will make
a port call in Belize City, Belize, today and return to the Port of
Miami on Sunday, September 19.

REVISED: Majesty of the Seas, which departs today on a three-night
sailing, will not make its port call in Coco Cay, Bahamas, on
Saturday. Instead, the ship will extend its stay in Nassau, Bahamas,
arriving at 8 a.m. Saturday and departing at 5 p.m. Sunday.

REVISED: Navigator of the Seas which departs Saturday, September 18,
on a seven-night sailing, will not make its port call in Georgetown,
Cayman Islands, on Wednesday. Instead, the ship will spend Wednesday
at sea.

Ships sailing from Port Everglades

REVISED: Enchantment of the Seas which departs Saturday, September 18,
on a four-night sailing, will not make its port call in Georgetown,
Cayman Islands, on Tuesday. Instead, the ship will make a port call at
Labadee, Hispaniola, on Tuesday.

Ships sailing from Port of Galveston

Rhapsody of the Seas currently on its September 12 sailing, will make
a port call in Cozumel, Mexico, today and return to the Port of
Galveston on Sunday, September 19.

Ships sailing from the Port of San Diego

Legend of the Seas, currently on its September 12 sailing, will spend
today at sea; make a port call in Ensenada, Mexico, on Saturday; and
return to San Diego on Sunday, September 19.

Ships sailing from the Port of Los Angeles

Monarch of the Seas, which departs today, on a three-night sailing,
will not make its port call in Ensenada, Mexico, on Saturday. The ship
will spend the day at sea on Saturday; make a port call in Ensenada on
Sunday; and return to Los Angeles on Monday, September 19.

At this time, no other Royal Caribbean International ships are being
impacted by tropical weather. We will continue to closely monitor
weather conditions and update this information at 7 p.m. today.