Rental Pass Card That Bypasses Paperwork?

Old September 1st, 2010, 06:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Rental Pass Card That Bypasses Paperwork?

wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:01:12 -0400, "- Bobb -"
wrote:

"We do check the car for damage ourselves "

ME too . I have never had an attendant make note of 'the scratch on the
trunk' or 'the scrape on the rear passenger tire', etc. Well worth a few
minutes. I always pull into the light and check the entire surface - just
make sure that I'm not spending money for "damage", before I even leave
the
garage.

We always click off some shots with a digital camera before driving
off. The permanent record could be valuable.

-- Larry

But those pictures could have been taken 3 minutes before you returned it.
To make sure, it HAS to be ON the paperwork and OK by them BEFORE you leave
the lot, otherwise it's 'your fault', right ?
" It wasn't there BEFORE , sir. It says right here "no damage" and you
agreed. and now there is damage. " Tough to argue that point. Happens
frequently in Orlando. They're good at it.
As always - ' get it in writing' .

But I think getting off topic from original " how to rent easily ?"

Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 13:30:20 -0400, "- Bobb -"
wrote:

But those pictures could have been taken 3 minutes before you returned it.

True but it could still help.

To make sure, it HAS to be ON the paperwork and OK by them BEFORE you leave
the lot, otherwise it's 'your fault', right ?
" It wasn't there BEFORE , sir. It says right here "no damage" and you
agreed. and now there is damage. " Tough to argue that point. Happens
frequently in Orlando. They're good at it.
As always - ' get it in writing' .

But I think getting off topic from original " how to rent easily ?"

And no thread on usenet ever wanders? G

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message Brian
was claimed to have wrote:

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:07:13 -0700, "W"
wrote:

Is there any kind of membership or club card you can buy for any rental
car
company that lets you just show up, present the card, and drive away with
minimal hassle? The most objectionable thing to me about rental cars
is
the amount of paperwork they make you fill out and the associated time.
How can you get some arrangement with the rental car company to cut down
on
that?

An American Express Platinum card gives higher level membership with
several car rental companies including Avis and Hertz.

You still have to fill out your name, address, blah blah blah, right?

I'm guessing the goal here is to skip all of that, do it once in advance
and have a card/account/whatever that allows the rental car company to
pull all of your information, print a pre-completed form that you sign
and leave the rental car place in under 5 minutes.

An added bonus would be if the rental car company handed you a damage
inspection form with the known damage to that car already printed on the
form based on the last time the card was returned instead of going out
to the car every time to see what the current droid happens to notice
might be wrong. If you notice anything that was missed you'd add it to
the form and take it back in to update the record, but for reputable
places that properly document damage on cars, this would be unnecessary
in 99% of cases.

Unfortunately until one rental car company discovers that speeding
things up for frequent renters will save them time (and that time is
money) or will encourage renters to choose them, the whole industry will
be content redoing the same paperwork over and over and over and over.

You understand what I was requesting.

Amazing that this does not exist.

Old September 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

This appears to be what we are looking for:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/pro...ividualAccount

Look at "Fastbreak" option.

Old September 6th, 2010, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:50:44 -0700, DevilsPGD
wrote:

You still have to fill out your name, address, blah blah blah, right?

Where, at the airport? No.

I'm guessing the goal here is to skip all of that, do it once in advance
and have a card/account/whatever that allows the rental car company to
pull all of your information, print a pre-completed form that you sign
and leave the rental car place in under 5 minutes.

We have once we got to where the cars are located. Some places we have
to walk to the garage. Other places require a shuttle trip.

An added bonus would be if the rental car company handed you a damage
inspection form with the known damage to that car already printed on the
form based on the last time the card was returned instead of going out
to the car every time to see what the current droid happens to notice
might be wrong. If you notice anything that was missed you'd add it to
the form and take it back in to update the record, but for reputable
places that properly document damage on cars, this would be unnecessary
in 99% of cases.

That would be helpful.

Unfortunately until one rental car company discovers that speeding
things up for frequent renters will save them time (and that time is
money) or will encourage renters to choose them, the whole industry will
be content redoing the same paperwork over and over and over and over.

Or maybe things have changed in the last couple months, we don't rent
much in the summer.

Old September 6th, 2010, 05:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 18:46:46 -0700, "W"
wrote:

This appears to be what we are looking for:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/pro...ividualAccount

Look at "Fastbreak" option.

Unfortunately it means renting from Budget.
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:33 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD[_3_]

wrote:

This appears to be what we are looking for:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/pro...ividualAccount

Look at "Fastbreak" option.

Unfortunately it means renting from Budget.

That's a nicer way then I was capable of writing to express the same
sentiment.
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:04 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
GV

"W" wrote in message
"DevilsPGD" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

IIRC, the Hertz gold card does what you're looking for. I know that the
last time I rented from Hertz the shuttle dropped the gold card renters off
right at their cars and then took the rest of us to the office to fill out
our paperwork. I used to belong to that Hertz club but let my membership
expire when I stopped renting so often. I believe that my Alamo membership
had the same type of setup but I'm not sure. Been a long time ago.

--

Gary
Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at