Flights Air Asia: Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Padang. URGENT!!

Old March 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

Default Flights Air Asia: Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur-Padang. URGENT!!

Hi,
I'm sorry for the urgency.
I have just purchased the ticket to Bangkok with Thai Airways and now
I have to buy the ticket from Bangkok to Padang. I have one option
only and it is Air Asia. I'd like to get your suggestion please:
I will arrive in Bangkok airport at 5:35am
Now I'd like to buy a ticket to Kuala Lumpur-Padang.
These are the flights:
Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur: Depart 0835 Arrive 1145
Kuala Lumpur-Padang: Depart 1325 Arrive 1330
In your opinion are they the right schedules?
My worry is that time is too much short between a flight and another
flight (and I will be alone).
I always have to take my heavy baggages and to make always check-in in
every airport.
I don't know those airports at alla and I need your suggestion,
please.
Thanks a lot!
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , says...
Hi,
I'm sorry for the urgency.
I have just purchased the ticket to Bangkok with Thai Airways and now
I have to buy the ticket from Bangkok to Padang. I have one option
only and it is Air Asia. I'd like to get your suggestion please:
I will arrive in Bangkok airport at 5:35am
Now I'd like to buy a ticket to Kuala Lumpur-Padang.
These are the flights:
Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur: Depart 0835 Arrive 1145
Kuala Lumpur-Padang: Depart 1325 Arrive 1330
In your opinion are they the right schedules?
My worry is that time is too much short between a flight and another
flight (and I will be alone).
I always have to take my heavy baggages and to make always check-in in
every airport.
I don't know those airports at alla and I need your suggestion,
please.

If both flights are with Airasia, you should be able to catch the 13:25
KL-Padang flight, but it is a bit tight.

If there are no delays, landing at 11:45 you might pass immigration and
retrieve your luggage by 12:15. Then proceeding to the checkin-counter
takes only a couple of minutes, because the terminal which Airasia uses
(LCCT) is very small.

But if your flight from BKK is delayed or if the immigration counter
queue is longer than expected, you run the risk of losing the KL-Padang
flight.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:27 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris Blunt[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 21:13:57 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

[...]

Something else to be aware of is the Thai Airways flight into Bangkok
arrives at Suvarnabhumi airport, but the AirAsia flight to KL departs
from Don Mueang. You will need to collect your baggage and transfer
airports, which is on the other side of Bangkok.

There's a free shuttle bus, but that departs from Suvarnabhumi every
hour on the hour, so there may not be enough time to get the 6am bus,
and the 7am will be too late because the journey takes almost one
hour. That will mean taking a taxi, which will cost about 350 Baht.
Even then it still doesn't leave much time, especially if the incoming
Thai Airways flight is late.

Chris
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:35 AM
nparamesh nparamesh is offline
Banned

It's always better to plan your travel in advance with perfect timings is the important thing that any one should keep in mind before getting started with the travel purchases or bookings. Alternatively, you can check Wego Travel meta search site which allow us to check the flight schedules and rates from hundreds of airlines and travel sites instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi,