buying airline tickets for a cruise

Old December 3rd, 2003, 12:22 AM
BobG

Default buying airline tickets for a cruise

Has any one seen a better day of the week to buy airline tickets ?
what day of the week are more cost effective days of the week to by air
plane tickets.

is there any price difference in the day of the week you book a cruise like
airline tickets ?

thanks BobG

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:19 AM
HDawson228

Don't know where you live but Airtran just announced a new sale.
www.airtran.com
Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:38 AM
Howard Garland

HDawson228 wrote:

Don't know where you live but Airtran just announced a new sale.
www.airtran.com

Airtran out of PHL has contributed enormously to my ability to cruise at
the last minute. I now have a choice (USAIR or Airtran) of direct
flights from Philly to FLL at bargain rates all year long. Even better,
I can book one-way fares on either airline at almost any time.

Howie

Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:34 AM
HDawson228

Love Airtran. If and when I do a Panama Canal transit it sure will be nice to
by a one way ticket home at a low price. The also have a much larger checked
baggage allowance.
Old December 3rd, 2003, 02:55 AM
Howard Garland

HDawson228 wrote:
Love Airtran. If and when I do a Panama Canal transit it sure will be nice to
by a one way ticket home at a low price. The also have a much larger checked
baggage allowance.

I know what you mean, but they do have a big problem with checked
luggage: They never check it. I'm serious, man.

Howie

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:27 AM
HDawson228

Never a problem for me at all.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:48 AM
Cal Ford

To answer your question without rambling to much. It is my observation that
generally speaking early Tuesday morning is a good time to book airfares and
Friday morning is a good time to shop for pomotional fares on Cruises.

Cal Ford
http://www.lidodeckcruises.com
800-511-4417

In article , BobG says...