Booking shore excursion in advance

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Mike Steen

Default Booking shore excursion in advance

I have always booked my shore excursions onboard. The problem with this is many
of them fill up quickly. Does anyone have experience with booking in advance,
online on the ship's website?
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:11 PM
\Van\ Van Doorne

Yes, do it all the time. Currently have all of my shore excursions for
Alaska in coming August booked and confirmed. This tour booking is with
Princess, who do not require advance payment. Some lines require advance
payment also. With those lines I submit my tours on ship.
Van in Texas

Old May 5th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Dick Goldhaber

We have never booked in advance because up until recently your first look at
the tours was not available until you received your documents.

Now lines like Holland America have the shore excursion information
available on their website in a downloadable format.

I am sure that we will book at least some tours before we sail for the
reason you have stated, however we have never run into sold out tours in the
past.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 5th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Dave

"Mike Steen" wrote
I have always booked my shore excursions onboard. The problem with this is

many
of them fill up quickly. Does anyone have experience with booking in

advance,
online on the ship's website?

I've booked shore excursions in advance on websites several times with
Celebrity, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean. I've never had any
problems doing that and I prefer the peace of mind knowing you'll get the
ones you want. It saves a lot of time waiting around in lineups at shore
excursion desk, or finding out tour is full on those ships where you can
order through your room TV.

Dave

Old May 5th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Dick Goldhaber

Reiterating that we will probably book a few tours online, previously all we
have done is look at the tour information which we found in our cabin when
we embarked, check what we wanted, and dropped it in the box by the
excursion desk. We have never been shut out, and never stood in line at the
desk.

By the same token we have never been on a ship where you can order through
your TV.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Mike Steen" wrote

Old May 5th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Mark

Default Booking shore excursion in advance - CARNIVAL?

want to book in advance - that seems like the way to go. does Carnival let
you do that?

mark

Old May 6th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Candy

Our friends booked something online and got tickets. We waited to book
at the Excursion Desk and it was sold out. The great ones go very, VERY
fast.

Candy -- sometimes loves to stay aboard on port days

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Sylvia M.

We have some bonus 'ship board credit' to spend, and though I'd go with
booking all on line, ISTM that, with HAL at least, they do mean booked after
sailing.

Has anyone experience that agrees with, or goes against that assumption?

Sylvia

Old May 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Leonard Nisenoff

"Mark" wrote in message m...
want to book in advance - that seems like the way to go. does Carnival let
you do that?

mark

I've been told you can't pre-book excursions. I'd be glad to hear
otherwise since I'm cruising on Carnival Victory this Sunday.

Leonard