Hawaii "must do" Excursions

Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM
Surfer E2468

Default Hawaii "must do" Excursions

The trip to the ARIZONA at PEARL HARBOR is a must,we went and it was
very touching,the only thing that annoyed me was that my having lived
through ww2,and having lost loved ones,we were very disturbed by the
number of japanese making jokes,and having a picnic there,IMOP this
should not be allowed

Old May 2nd, 2004, 10:50 PM
Surfer E2468

When staying in HONOLULU try to take in the show at CHARO/S dinner
theater,if it is still there,it has been about 8 years since we were
there,she put on one terrific show,and greets everyone personally in the
audience

Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:52 AM
Howie

RTCReferee wrote:

I doubt seriously that Japanese were making jokes at the Arizona Memorial. How
do you know they were Japanese, and how do WE know you aren't just slinging
some racist mud here?

Thanks. I really like you, ref.

Howie

Old May 3rd, 2004, 02:44 AM
RTCReferee

I decided to Google "Arizona Memorial" and "Japanese visitors" and ran across
the following review on Epinions:

http://www.epinions.com/park-review-...39E60FCC-prod2

From that review:

" The somber mood at the Memorial evidences the way the magnitude of this human
loss affects visitors. Surprisingly, there were many Japanese tourists who
visited the day we went. I tend to believe that this was not an anomaly. The
Japanese visitors seemed to exhibit the same awe and reverence that the group
as a whole exhibited. Some seemed openly moved."

Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:52 AM

MJDEEG wrote:

Can anyone suggest "must do" excursions for our Hawaii cruise, porting in:

Sat kailua kona, hawaii 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sun nawiliwili (kauai), hawaii 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Mon hilo, hawaii 8:30 AM 6:00 PM
Tue lahaina (maui), hawaii 7:00 AM --
Wed lahaina (maui), hawaii -- 6:00 PM
Then we are staying 2 days in honolulu (oahu), hawaii

On Oahu, the Polynesian Cultural Center is a MUST with a capital M.
I've gone to the show on almost every one of my 18 or so visits to
Paradise.

BUT, whatever you do, rent a car and drive there. The bus tours don't
get there early enough. The Center opens around 1 PM, and there is (or,
at least, used to be) an introductory show that tells visitors about the
islands and the various "villages" in the Center. Also, buy a ticket
that includes the Center, the dinner, and the evening show. The dinner
is OK, but the show is spectacular!!

Stranger

Really appreciate any information.
Aloha.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
Doug McDonald

RTCReferee wrote:

" The somber mood at the Memorial evidences the way the magnitude of this human
loss affects visitors. Surprisingly, there were many Japanese tourists who
visited the day we went. I tend to believe that this was not an anomaly. The
Japanese visitors seemed to exhibit the same awe and reverence that the group
as a whole exhibited. Some seemed openly moved."

Of course they were moved. You'd be moved too. I was. The image
I got ... and the one that the Japanese probably get too ... is
two large balls of fire, a million degrees hot, which were the
result of what they were looking at sitting there at the bottom of
the harbor.

It is a lesson that, hopefully, evil agressors will never be able to
forget.

Doug McDonald

Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:31 PM
RTCReferee

two large balls of fire, a million degrees hot, which were the
result of what they were looking at sitting there at the bottom of
the harbor.

It is a lesson that, hopefully, evil agressors will never be able to
forget.

Two large balls of fire. Yep, sounds similar to what the ordinary folks on the
ground at Nagasaki and Hiroshima experienced.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Surfer E2468

We do not sling racist mud,they were japanese,because they told people
that were on tour with us that we were just a bunch of american
suckers,and japan was first,and foremost,and they were proud to be
japanese,and not from USAbut from tokyo