Teaching English in Japan

Old November 9th, 2003, 09:48 PM
DoxSwrz2o

Default Teaching English in Japan

Hello,
Does anyone know a trustworthy, reliable group that would help someone who
wants to teach in Japan ? I do not have teaching credentials but do have a BA.
Has anyone heard of a company called Aeon ? Is it good ? Any other comments,
ideas, suggestions are truly appreciated. Thank you.

JT
Old November 9th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Alec

"DoxSwrz2o" wrote in message
Hello,
Does anyone know a trustworthy, reliable group that would help someone who
wants to teach in Japan ? I do not have teaching credentials but do have a

BA.
Has anyone heard of a company called Aeon ? Is it good ? Any other

comments,
ideas, suggestions are truly appreciated.

Put your question to www.lonelyplanet.com Thorntree message board for North
East Asia (you'll need to register but it's painless). There are plenty of
knowledgeable people there with first-hand experience, including current
teachers. Also a useful FAQ (I suggest you look at it first).

Alec

Old November 10th, 2003, 12:29 AM
Dave Fossett

"DoxSwrz2o" wrote:

Does anyone know a trustworthy, reliable group that would help someone who
wants to teach in Japan ? I do not have teaching credentials but do have a

BA.
Has anyone heard of a company called Aeon ? Is it good ? Any other

comments,
ideas, suggestions are truly appreciated. Thank you.

The fj.life.in-japan newsgroup would be more appropriate, but you should
note that this really is a frequently asked question, so I would suggest
doing a bit more research on the web yourself first. Aeon is a nationwide
chain school, and along with the others (Nova, ECC, Geos), is generally
considered to be the McDonalds of the language school business. If you
weren't already aware, you don't need any teaching credentials or Japanese
language ability to teach in Japan. The only real requirement is a full
university degree.

--
Dave Fossett
Saitama, Japan