Crater Lake Lodge Ques

Old April 18th, 2005, 01:23 AM
JC

Default Crater Lake Lodge Ques

I was checking out the online reservation system at Crater Lake Lodge at
Crater Lake National Park in Oregon and it appears that the place is
entirely booked for the rest of the year (including weekdays). Is this
possible? Or could it be a computer glitch?

Also, has anyone ever been there before? The place looks beautiful.

Thanks,

Old April 18th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Mark Brader

J. Chan::
I was checking out the online reservation system at Crater Lake Lodge at
Crater Lake National Park in Oregon and it appears that the place is
entirely booked for the rest of the year ... could it be a computer glitch?

Well, gee, why not phone them and ask, instead of asking us to guess?
--
Mark Brader | In the face of such devastating logic as "despite
Toronto | what you say you mean, you must mean this and you
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Rog'

"Mark Brader" wrote:
J. Chan:
I was checking out the online reservation system...
could it be a computer glitch?

Well, gee, why not phone them and ask, instead of
asking us to guess?

But that could mean signing off the net and talking to
a gulp real person! Gross.

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Pat

Crater Lake is great to visit on a clear day. I have eaten lunch at the
lodge. If its socked in you may wish you were somewhere else.

Old April 18th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Icono Clast

JC wrote:
Also, has anyone ever been there before?

People have been living and visiting there for thousands of years.
Don't you think that, if the hotel has no vacancy, people have been
there?

The place looks beautiful.

It is the most beautiful natural sight on the planet. Well, the most
beautiful I've ever seen. I've been there several times and wouldn't
dream of getting as close as Klamath Falls without going there.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Rog'

"Icono Clast" wrote:
JC wrote: Also, has anyone ever been there before?

People have been living and visiting there for thousands of years. It is
the most beautiful natural sight on the planet. Well, the most beautiful
I've ever seen.

Perhaps you should to get out more. Its little more than a big hole
in the dirt. IMO, its interesting, but it hardly a top-10. For other
holes in the in the dirt, how about the Grand Canyon, Zion and
Bryce Canyon? Other natural areas in the US that I'd rank higher:
The reefs of St. John, the geysers of Yellowstone, Going to the
Sun Hwy in Glacier NP, the Sawtooth mountains & Snake River
in Idaho, the sequoias and redwoods of California, Yosemite, the
coast of Oregon, and Mt. Rainier and Mt. McKinley. That's my
list, anyway. :-) =R=

Old April 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM

Crater Lake IS beautiful. It looks just like the pictures you've
obviously seen, only bigger ;^).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lodge is full, but as another poster
said, go ahead and call!

We went there last June. You still couldn't drive all the way around
the lake because of snow, and the boat tours weren't operating yet. If
I did it again I'd probably go in late July (although the crowds are
probably worse then).

There are other places to stay within an hour or so. The Lodge is nice
but not "once in a lifetime" quality. We had a view of the lake from
our room, but only through a small window.