Alone in London - suggestions?

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:25 AM
nospam

Default Alone in London - suggestions?

I will be alone for one night in London on July 7. I have been there
many times, but never alone. Anyone have any suggestions on something
interesting to do in the evening - night? Theater is a no brainer, but
its not really my cup of tea.

Thanks in advance . . . .

Richard
Old December 30th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Reid

Following up to refrots

I will be alone for one night in London on July 7. I have been there
many times, but never alone. Anyone have any suggestions on something
interesting to do in the evening - night? Theater is a no brainer, but
its not really my cup of tea.

I would just walk around with an unobtrusive camera (no flash)
and take some photos by resting the camera on walls and so on.
But that's me. I think I might also just tackle it head on and do
what I would do normally, find a decent restaurant, but take a
magazine and have a nice meal.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:13 AM
MaryGosline

I will be alone for one night in London on July 7. I have been there
many times, but never alone. Anyone have any suggestions on something
interesting to do in the evening - night?

Do whatever you would do if you weren't alone.
Susie Q
Old December 30th, 2003, 01:44 PM
David Horne

wrote:

I will be alone for one night in London on July 7. I have been there
many times, but never alone. Anyone have any suggestions on something
interesting to do in the evening - night? Theater is a no brainer, but
its not really my cup of tea.

Well, any time of the year, London is busy, but it will be thronging
with crowds then. You won't feel alone! If people watching is your
thing, you could do worse than just meandering around Piccadilly Circus,
Leicester Square, Covent Garden, and so on. Lots of street performers
then too. If you could be more specific about what is your "cup of tea"
then you might get more specific suggestions. Quite a few museums and
galleries have late openings- though July 7 is a Saturday, maybe not
then. (Tate Modern is open until 10pm on Saturdays though.) The Proms
are on then too- which are always worth going to- even if you aren't a
particular fan of classical music- the prom experience is fun for a lot
of people.

David

--
David Horne- (website under reconstruction)
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old December 30th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Göran Bjelkendal

Take one of the walking pub tours:
you meet new people
you get to see 4-5 interesting pubs
you get to drink 4-5 interesting beers
you might even end up getting married to one of the new people

g=F6ran

Old December 30th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Machaut

The Proms
are on then too- which are always worth going to- even if you aren't a
particular fan of classical music- the prom experience is fun for a lot
of people.

Proms actually start 16/7/04, so you'll miss them, sadly. But there
are plenty of other solo options.

Machaut
Old December 30th, 2003, 07:01 PM

In article , @hotmail.com
(nospam) wrote:

I will be alone for one night in London on July 7. I have been there
many times, but never alone. Anyone have any suggestions on something
interesting to do in the evening - night? Theater is a no brainer, but
its not really my cup of tea.

i've no idea if there is any that particular evening, but greyhound racing
is a traditional-east-end kinda thing and often held at night...there's a
big track at walthamstow, iirc, which may well have a website.
Old December 31st, 2003, 04:00 AM
Charles Hawtrey

Göran Bjelkendal pondered the futility of
human existence in an uncaring universe and yet found the courage to
write:

you might even end up getting married to one of the new people

What, are you trying to scare him off the trip altogether?

--
hambu n hambu hodo