Suggestions for a private car service in London ?

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stardustgirl

Default Suggestions for a private car service in London ?

Hello -

We'll be heading to London this spring, taking a flight over, spending
a few days exploring the city, then a transatlantic cruise back to the
east coast. Can anyone recommend a good private car service ? We'll
need a full sized car or van for the two of us and all our luggage, so
I'm afraid a smaller vehicle won't do this this. Any suggestions ?

Stardustsgirl
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JohnT[_3_]

"Stardustgirl" wrote in message
Hello -

We'll be heading to London this spring, taking a flight over, spending
a few days exploring the city, then a transatlantic cruise back to the
east coast. Can anyone recommend a good private car service ? We'll
need a full sized car or van for the two of us and all our luggage, so
I'm afraid a smaller vehicle won't do this this. Any suggestions ?

Stardustsgirl

You could do a lot worse that http://www.clockhousecars.co.uk/index.htm

Bring money!

--

JohnT

Old January 18th, 2008, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

car services in london are very expensive!
we're planning to take the express train from heathrow to paddington. they
have easy on (supposedly) for luggage etc and I figure I'll have that money
to eat!!
sheree

Old January 19th, 2008, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Lots of luck,and take plenty of money,prices are very high in the united
kingdom

cruise lover

Old January 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee

Stardustgirl wrote:
Hello -

We'll be heading to London this spring, taking a flight over, spending
a few days exploring the city, then a transatlantic cruise back to the
east coast. Can anyone recommend a good private car service ? We'll
need a full sized car or van for the two of us and all our luggage, so
I'm afraid a smaller vehicle won't do this this. Any suggestions ?

Stardustsgirl

I can vouch for the wonderful service of a driver named John. He will
meet your flight, handle your luggage and take you to your hotel. At
the end of your stay, he will drive you and your luggage to the cruise
terminal. We have used him on several occasions. His web site is

http://www.yourmaninlondon.co.uk/

His vehicle will accommodate 4 adults and their luggage. Last year we
had a group of 16 and John arranged for another driver with a minibus,
but John came along because he is such a nice friendly person. You can
certainly depend on him.

If you send him an email and ask him to phone you, he will do that.

Ermalee ----never lifts suitcases since I turned 80 (and for some time
before)
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Stardustgirl

Wow - thanks everybody ! Sorry I didn't get online before this, it's
been a crazy couple of days. I'm REALLY looking forward to some down
time once we get on board.

Thanks again !

Stardustgirl