Coolangatta airport?

Old July 16th, 2004, 10:37 PM
4000 psi

Default Coolangatta airport?

on the way to the Tweed Coast NSW from SYD is Coolangatta airport more
convenient than BNE?

thank you!

Old July 16th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Crooner

"4000 psi" nospamever wrote in message
on the way to the Tweed Coast NSW from SYD is Coolangatta airport more
convenient than BNE?

Absolutely. Coolangatta is just over (into Queensland) the NSW/QLD border -
the Tweed Coast is on the NSW side of the border. BNE is an hour or so
drive further north.

Old July 17th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Alan

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:37:09 -0500, "4000 psi" nospamever wrote:

on the way to the Tweed Coast NSW from SYD is Coolangatta airport more
convenient than BNE?

thank you!

Hi 4000

I live at Pottsville on the Tweed Coast.

Brisbane is 120 km from here, Coolangatta/Tweed Heads airport straddles
the border and is 25 minutes and 25 km away. It is serviced by all the
major domestic carriers, although most of the Qantas services are now
through the Jetstar subsidiary. There are also some direct services to
NZ (Freedom Air), and I believe to China and Japan (although I'm not
certain about those).

Anything else you'd like to know about the Tweed Coast?

Cheers, Alan

Old July 17th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Alan

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:32:38 -0500, "4000 psi" nospam.com wrote:

what type of equipment does Virgin and Qantas operate on the SYD-GoldCoast
route?

Standard civil jets. I've flown here from both Sydney and Melbourne in
all the smaller Boeings - 717, 737 and even a 767.

Most of the flights that used to be Qantas/QantasLink are now Jetstar to
here. But the planes are much the same.

Cheers, Alan

Old July 17th, 2004, 02:15 AM
4000 psi

Anything else you'd like to know about the Tweed Coast?

we're in process of trying to find a 1-bedroom fully furnished rental in the
Cabarita beach area ... could you comment on the areas to avoid, etc. ...

we're also looking to rent a used vehicle for a month or two ... what is the
best way to locate all the "rent-a-ruffy" type of establishments in those
parts ...

other than that also wondering what the surfing beaches are like up around
Tweed ... i'll talk to my wife, she may have some questions regarding Tweed
as well ... i'll post if some come up ... best regards.

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Alan

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:15:51 -0500, "4000 psi" nospamever wrote:

Anything else you'd like to know about the Tweed Coast?

we're in process of trying to find a 1-bedroom fully furnished rental in the
Cabarita beach area ... could you comment on the areas to avoid, etc. ...

we're also looking to rent a used vehicle for a month or two ... what is the
best way to locate all the "rent-a-ruffy" type of establishments in those
parts ...

other than that also wondering what the surfing beaches are like up around
Tweed ... i'll talk to my wife, she may have some questions regarding Tweed
as well ... i'll post if some come up ... best regards.

My agent's email (my own house is already fully booked for Xmas, so it's
not a plug:-) is , that's First National at
Pottsville Beach, but they also cover Kingscliff and Cabarita. Ph
02-66761053. Tell them I sent you, unfortunately I don't get a
commission. Their web-site is
http://www.pottsville.com.au/home.html .
At Cabarita, try Elders at Ph
02-66763000. Try not to pick school holiday time and you will get it
cheaper.
I had an American friend stay at Tamarind Sands, which are timeshares,
you'll have to do your own googling for those. I think they are through
RCI.

There are a number of car rental firms directly outside the airport
which advertise around $30 per day, no idea of their quality.

Cabarita is one of the better surfing beaches on the coast, because of
the long run from the headland, but the surf has been quiet on the whole
coast for the past month. It is slowly improving now. Duranbah is
another one that's very good, a little further north.

If you want to chat direct, remove "weightandcarbs".

Cheers, Alan