Venice Vaporetto Tickets

Old January 1st, 2019, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

Default Venice Vaporetto Tickets

Is there anyone still here? I haven't seen a message in a long time.

Just in case there's someone here who can help me, let me ask a
question or two:

My wife and will be finishing a cruise and arriving at the Stazione
Maritima of San Basilio in Venice. We will then be staying in Venice
for a week, and we will need to take a vaporetto to our hotel.

I believe we can board the vaporetto and buy tickets from its
conductor for that ride (is that correct?).

But that's not what we want to do. Unless we have no other choice, we
would like to buy seven-day passes. Can we buy them from the conductor
when we board? Or is there someplace near the Stazione Maritima of San
Basilio where we can buy them before boarding a vaporetto?

Or it possible to buy them online before we depart for Italy?
Old January 1st, 2019, 08:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Paul Aubrin

Le Tue, 01 Jan 2019 11:35:15 -0700, Ken Blake a écritÂ*:

Is there anyone still here? I haven't seen a message in a long time.

Just in case there's someone here who can help me, let me ask a question
or two:

My wife and will be finishing a cruise and arriving at the Stazione
Maritima of San Basilio in Venice. We will then be staying in Venice for
a week, and we will need to take a vaporetto to our hotel.

I believe we can board the vaporetto and buy tickets from its conductor
for that ride (is that correct?).

But that's not what we want to do. Unless we have no other choice, we
would like to buy seven-day passes. Can we buy them from the conductor
when we board? Or is there someplace near the Stazione Maritima of San
Basilio where we can buy them before boarding a vaporetto?

Or it possible to buy them online before we depart for Italy?

According to ACTV web site: Seven day ticket 60 EUR.

http://actv.avmspa.it/en/node/775

You can buy tickets at many all Venezia Unica sales points and authorised
resellers and from ticket machines available at the following waterbus
stops: Piazzale Roma S.Chiara, Piazzale Roma Parisi, Ferrovia/railway
station Scalzi, Ferrovia/railway station S.Lucia, S.Marcuola, Ca' d'Oro,
Rialto, S.Toma', Zattere, S.Marco/St. Mark's Vallaresso and Giardinetti,
San Zaccaria Danieli, Jolanda and PietÃ*, Arsenale, Fondamente Nove, Lido
S.M. Elisabetta, Burano, Punta Sabbioni and also at the municipal car park
in Piazzale Roma, Marco Polo Airport, Mestre railway station and
underpass, and in via Castellana.

https://www.veneziaunica.it/it/e-commerce/services

Old January 1st, 2019, 08:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

On 1/1/19 11:47 AM, Paul Aubrin wrote:
[...]

Yeah last time I went to Venice, probably about 6-7 years ago, I
returned the car at Piazzale Roma and right around where we board, there
were vending machines which take credit cards.

I believe it was outside, didn't have to go in and there weren't any
queues. Maybe it would be different if a big cruise ship arrives.

Going back in July, arriving by train so I imagine I'll have to research
this soon.

Old January 1st, 2019, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

On 01 Jan 2019 19:47:11 GMT, Paul Aubrin wrote:

[...]

San Zaccaria Danieli, Jolanda and Pietà, Arsenale, Fondamente Nove, Lido
S.M. Elisabetta, Burano, Punta Sabbioni and also at the municipal car park
in Piazzale Roma, Marco Polo Airport, Mestre railway station and
underpass, and in via Castellana.

https://www.veneziaunica.it/it/e-commerce/services

Thanks. Yes I know. I've seen those web pages. I was hoping for
someplace closer, but probably the Fondamente delle Zattere is the
closest place we can go for them.
Old January 1st, 2019, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ken Blake[_3_]

On Tue, 1 Jan 2019 11:52:16 -0800, poldy wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately the Piazzale Roma is a longish walk from where we dock.

I believe it was outside, didn't have to go in and there weren't any
queues. Maybe it would be different if a big cruise ship arrives.

We'll be on a small river ship.

Going back in July, arriving by train so I imagine I'll have to research
this soon.

You can buy tickets on the canal right outside the railway station.
That's where I've always bought them before.