Hotel accommodations - Amalfi Coast

Old February 17th, 2004, 10:50 PM
JCC

Default Hotel accommodations - Amalfi Coast

My family and I are heading to Italy next month (March 13-17). We are
staying in Rome (13 & 14), heading south to Pompeii the morning of the
15th, and south to a little village (paterno - near Potenza) where my
father was born on the 16th. We will fly out of Ciampino on the evening
of 17th.

I'm traveling with my wife, our 2 children (4 & 5 years old), my mother,
and sister. I've handled our accommodations in Rome, but still need
rooms for the evenings of March 15 & 16. From what I can determine,
considering security, centralized location, and availability, the Amalfi
Coast is the area we should be considering for those nights. I've tried
several travel agents, but I'm blown away by the prices they are quoting
($350 - $650 per room per night).

I need two rooms that will accommodate us (in any configuration),
parking (we will have a car to make it to paterno), and easy
accessibility for my mother (she's 83 and stairs could be a problem).
I'd love to find a guest house or some type of apartment, but I'm very
open to suggestion. Hotel-wise, we usually stay in 4-stars, but I
really only care about safe, clean lodging.

Hopefully, you can make a suggestion, but if you can't, can you at least
let me know how much I should expect to spend.

Thanks for your help,

John
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Dee Randall

"JCC" wrote in message
[...]

I have to ask, even tho it might seem impertinent, about the price you paid
in Rome for hotel accomodations and if it was 4*.

Just trying to get an idea of room accomodations in Rome -- without going to
all of the appropriate sites, which will not tell me much.

Thanks,
Dee

Old February 17th, 2004, 11:16 PM
JCC

I have to ask, even tho it might seem impertinent, about the price you paid
in Rome for hotel accomodations and if it was 4*.

Just trying to get an idea of room accomodations in Rome -- without going to
all of the appropriate sites, which will not tell me much.

Thanks,
Dee

I booked into the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza, St. Peters. It is €145 per
night per room for a triple. It isn't right in the center of the city
(2 miles from the main attractions), but it has a free shuttle and free
parking.

JCC
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Frank F. Matthews

I would suggest La Tonarella just a bit outside Sorrento.
http://www.latonnarella.com/england/albergo.htm

My wife & I enjoyed it. It is a short walk from town but does have
parking. I don't remember the exact stair situation but probably a
Terrace room would be simpler. Good luck.

FFM

Old February 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Bazza

"JCC" wrote in message
[...]

We stayed in a lovely hotel overlooking the sea called Tramonto D'Oro which
is in Praiano (between Positano and Amalfi). It has a car park and the price
is around 160 eurs per night for a double room.
ou can book it online through www.venere.com

--
HTH
Barry Harris

Old February 18th, 2004, 09:41 PM
me

JCC wrote in message ...
My family and I are heading to Italy next month (March 13-17). We are
staying in Rome (13 & 14), heading south to Pompeii the morning of the
15th, and south to a little village (paterno - near Potenza) where my
father was born on the 16th. We will fly out of Ciampino on the evening
of 17th.

I'm traveling with my wife, our 2 children (4 & 5 years old), my mother,
and sister. I've handled our accommodations in Rome, but still need
rooms for the evenings of March 15 & 16. From what I can determine,
considering security, centralized location, and availability, the Amalfi
Coast is the area we should be considering for those nights. I've tried
several travel agents, but I'm blown away by the prices they are quoting
($350 - $650 per room per night).

[snip]

Well, I could have helped, a few months ago. All the cheap places
are full. That's a very popular area. I'm afraid you're kinda stuck.
You might investigate Sorrento or some other area less popular.