Shipbuilder Launches Burned Liner !!!

Old September 16th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Odysseus

Default Shipbuilder Launches Burned Liner !!!

I hope this is not an omen of a jinxed ship. Has anybody heard of this
ship?

M/S SVEA CORONA 1975
Sundancer 1984
Pegasus 1985
Ionian Express 1994-95

http://shiplover3.stormpages.com/Sweden/SveaCorona.html

About 40 percent of the 113,000-ton cruise ship was severely damaged by
the fire last year. But repairs have been completed and the ship will
undergo final interior touches at the shipyard's dock before being
delivered to its owner, British shipping company P&O Princess Cruises
PLC, next May.

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Don W

Pegasus has had some rough luck . We were on here in the late 80's
(early 90's?) when Regent Tours of Toronto chartered her for
Carribbean Cruises. It was replaced by MTS Triton . Pegasus was
adequate for the money , but it was obvious it was a car ferry . It
looked like one and rode like one. We did enjoy the Greek influences
on board ! Hopa !
Don W.

Old September 16th, 2003, 09:14 PM
KeithF4281

Fires while building are not that uncommon, but obviously this one was worse
than most.

Voyager of the Seas suffered a fire during her construction, so has Queen Mary
2, etc, etc. Lots of welding with lots of combustibles around (and above/below
sometimes these are set off by welding the deck below, igniting stuff one deck
up).

Regards, Keith
Old September 17th, 2003, 12:34 AM
MarkT

Tell me you don't live under a rock! First, you worry about jinxes (there
are no such things) and then you post on a cruise board about the biggest
fire to hit a cruise ship in years, not knowing about the Princess ship.

Time for you to do a search on the Internet using Princess, fire and Japan
as your key words.

Old September 17th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Odysseus

Actually, I don't believe in jinxes. However, there are some ships that by
chance have much more than their share of bad luck. I knew about the Princess
fire last year. The captain of the Dawn Princess told the passengers that it
would cause one their new ships to be renamed.