4 to 5 days in Morocco - May 2007

Old January 8th, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Andrew Scheer

Default 4 to 5 days in Morocco - May 2007

Any recommendations on where to go & what to see in reasonable safety?

Also, any recommendations on where to stay at fair value for money?

I'm thinking Casablanca is one place we should go.

Anything from someone who has been there /done that would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Andrew

Old January 8th, 2007, 08:30 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Gianandrea Gobbo

On Jan 8, 4:38 am, "Andrew Scheer" wrote:
Any recommendations on where to go & what to see in reasonable safety?

Also, any recommendations on where to stay at fair value for money?

I'm thinking Casablanca is one place we should go.

Anything from someone who has been there /done that would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Andrew

Leave Casablanca alone, I've just been in Morocco for a couple of weeks
and Casablanca is the last place I would go.
My suggestions a
1) Marrakech (2 days)
2) Fes (1 full day)
3) ...what are you looking for? Desert or open spaces maybe? Or just
cities?

g.

Old January 8th, 2007, 09:03 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Depends from where you are starting.

From marrakech- you can go to the desert in Merzouga

from Tangiers, go to Fes

check out tour on www.bluemenofmorocco.com to get an idea of places you
can visit and time

E.

Old January 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marie-Aude

Le Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:08:55 +1030, Andrew Scheer a écrit :

Any recommendations on where to go & what to see in reasonable safety?

Also, any recommendations on where to stay at fair value for money?

I'm thinking Casablanca is one place we should go.

Anything from someone who has been there /done that would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Andrew

4 to 5 days is extremely short, specially if your flight is in the middle
of the day.
Casablanca is definitively not the place to start if you don't know
Morrocco.

In May, it can be already quite hot, but the imperial cities (Marrakech, Fe
and Meknes) are worth a look, and at least you could visit two of them
easily.

You can also take the option of the coast, starting from Oualidia and then
Essaouira and finishing in the area around Agadir (Agadir itself is awful,
but all around it's wonderful)

Third option, if you don't fear heat, is the deep south and the desert, you
can make a nice tour but then you have to land and leave from ouarzazate.
The transfer Ouarzazate Marrakech is too long for you planned number of
days.

--
Marie-Aude
www.oasisdemezgarne.com
Old January 12th, 2007, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Andrew Scheer wrote:
Any recommendations on where to go & what to see in reasonable safety?

Also, any recommendations on where to stay at fair value for money?

I'm thinking Casablanca is one place we should go.

Anything from someone who has been there /done that would be very much
appreciated.

If you only have 4-5 days don't try to see too many places. The most
rewarding aspect of visiting Morocco is the atmosphere rather than any
particular sight. Go to Marrakech or Fes, and spend 4-5 days just
exploring the "medina" (old city) and "souks" (market street), going
down side streets, and getting lost. I would recommend you stick to
one place rather than waste half a day traveling, but see both
Marrakech and Fes if you prefer.

Casablanca is the one place you definitely should not waste any time on
in a short visit. If you are killing time there before your flight,
visit the Hassan Mosque. Don't go to Tangier either (the movie
Casablanca was actually about the city of Tangier, but the Tangier of
today is a dump, and much less interesting than the rest of Morocco).

Old January 14th, 2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Merrouch[_3_]

Hi,
I'm from Morrocco,Tangier and my job deals with tourism.If you plan to
visit the south of Morrocco,i would recommend Meknes,Fes and Marrakech
but the south is not recommended during the summer time.If you prefer a
mild climat then i would recommend the north(any time of the year) of
the country,Tangier,Asilah and Rabat.Your visit will be surely a new
and different experience comparing with the other visitors.I wish you a
good visit and welcome to Morrocco.For any other informations please
don't hesitate.

--
Merrouch