HNL - Distance between terminals?

Old April 25th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Giant Furry Killer? Bunny

Default HNL - Distance between terminals?

Hi all,

Was wondering how long it would take to get from the terminal/gates
that United uses to the Interisland Terminal in Honolulu. The only
thing I can get out of the terminal maps I've found is that they're
basically at opposite ends of the airport. Tips?

If it helps, according to the itinerary, we're suppose to arrive at
HNL @ 13:45 and the Aloha flight is at 15:20.

Thanks in advance!
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:02 AM
ME Incorporated

You should be able to get on the Wiki-Wiki bus, which, last I knew, was
inside the secure area. Or walk like Not the Karl says.

You'll never make it with only an hour an 35 minutes. Might as well stay
home.

Enjoy the Islands. Which island(s) you going to be visiting?

om...

Old April 26th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Matt

Yes, they are at complete opposite ends of terminal. Probably about a 15
minute walk, or you can take the Wiki Wiki bus as someone else mentioned,
but I'm not 100% sure that you won't have to go back thru security if you
take the bus.

If you've never been to that terminal I'd recommend the walk as it's a very
nice terminal with some beautiful gardens right in the middle. It's also an
interesting terminal in that much of it is open air.

Matt

Old April 26th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Giant Furry Killer? Bunny

Thanks all for giving me an idea of how big the airport is (and I've
gone through a few, ORD, AMS, ARL, YUL). Now UA has changed the
arrival departure times for my incoming flight. It's now scheduled to
arrive at 14:15! Which means there's no way in h* would we make the
15:20 to Kauai. Therefore, had to dish out $31 to update the HNL to
LIH flight to 16:15.. :-p

Oh,, and for the person who asked: We will be visiting Kauai, Maui and
Hawaii. :-) We decided to bypass Oahu all together (except as the
point of entry/return).

Open air terminal? That should be something to see! :-) Looking
forward to it!

Old April 26th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
(Giant Furry Killer? Bunny) wrote:

Open air terminal? That should be something to see! :-) Looking
forward to it!

No a/c or windows..... not roofless
Old April 26th, 2004, 10:38 PM
ME Incorporated

You'd probably have made it with the earlier time.

Great choices on the islands. I'm assuming that you've not been there
before, due to the HNL question. Want some points of interest? There's a
TON of stuff to see. Or are you going to hang around the towns?

Old April 27th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Giant Furry Killer? Bunny

And if you factor in checked luggage that would need to be picked up?
We've got two seperate itineraries here.. One with UAL and the other
with Aloha Air... Soo.. must allot time for baggage claim (even if
just one bag)... How long does it usually take UAL to unload their
baggage? :-/

Another thing is that Aloha is stating that check in has to be at
least an hour before departure. So I prefer a decent buffer between
flights.

Dick Locke wrote in message . ..
On 26 Apr 2004 02:54:07 -0700, (Giant Furry
Killer? Bunny) wrote:

Which means there's no way in h* would we make the
15:20 to Kauai. Therefore, had to dish out $31 to update the HNL to
LIH flight to 16:15.

You overlooked all the people telling you it's a 15 minute walk?.
Unless you're arriving from outside the US, 65 minutes is more time
than you could possibly need.

Old April 27th, 2004, 01:59 AM
mrtravelkay

Giant Furry Killer? Bunny wrote:

And if you factor in checked luggage that would need to be picked up?
We've got two seperate itineraries here.. One with UAL and the other
with Aloha Air... Soo.. must allot time for baggage claim (even if
just one bag)... How long does it usually take UAL to unload their
baggage? :-/

UA and Aloha have an interline baggage agreement.