San Francisco Hotel and Road Trip

Old November 15th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Ben Blaney

Ben Blaney wrote:

I'm arriving in San Francisco on the 21st October with my Dad. The
primary reason is the Jazz Festival ( http://www.sfjazz.org ) and the
secondary reason is that we're going to take a few days out of the
city, and tour on Harley Davidsons.

So, I'm looking for advice on three fronts.

Bad form, etc.

I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and
emails concerning my vacation last month; I had a great time.

With the influx of the trolls, though, I fear it's time to
unsubscribe. I had hoped to hang around, read, learn and possibly
contribute - but I don't think that's practical now.

All the best.

--
Ben Blaney
Old November 16th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Icono Clast

Ben Blaney wrote:
I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and
emails concerning my vacation last month; I had a great time.

I'm sure I speak for others when I say "Thank YOU for thanking us. We
appreciate it".
A San Franciscan in 47.335 mile² San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net

Old November 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Mimi

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message
Ben Blaney wrote:
I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and
emails concerning my vacation last month; I had a great time.

With the influx of the trolls, though, I fear it's time to
unsubscribe. I had hoped to hang around, read, learn and possibly
contribute - but I don't think that's practical now.

Wait a while. Most of them will go away pretty soon. You might also learn
how to filter on your newsgroup reader. (There's always a few.)

Marianne

Old November 16th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Don Kirkman

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Mimi wrote in article
9zpmd.513737$mD.184889@attbi_s02:

"Ben Blaney" wrote in message
.. .
Ben Blaney wrote:
I just want to thank everyone on this forum for their advice and
emails concerning my vacation last month; I had a great time.

With the influx of the trolls, though, I fear it's time to
unsubscribe. I had hoped to hang around, read, learn and possibly
contribute - but I don't think that's practical now.

Wait a while. Most of them will go away pretty soon. You might also learn
how to filter on your newsgroup reader. (There's always a few.)

Good advice; Agent has pretty good filtering for emails, not quite so
good for newsgroups. The Help file is a good start; very detailed
discussions are available at

Filters - explanations, examples, and utilities:
"Classic" word based: http://tinyurl.com/ysm79
"Advanced" regular expressions: http://tinyurl.com/ywaj5

as well as in a Google of the newsgroup
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent for keywords like "filter".
--
Don