Are cameras allowed in Amsterdam museums?

Old October 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM
MTBike1970

Default Are cameras allowed in Amsterdam museums?

Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

Old October 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
irwell

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:34:47 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 11:25:15 -0400, "MTBike1970"
wrote:

Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside

the Rijksmuseum: Don't know.

the Van Gogh museum: Cameras are not allowed
http://www.vangoghmuseum.com/bisrd/top-1-2-1-1.html

The Rijks would not allow camcorders, but that was
about 15 years ago.

Old October 9th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum

A year ago we asked and were allowed to take pictures without flash at the
Rijksmuseum (digital cameras; no tripods). I'm not sure what the rules are
about flash or tripods though!

Old October 9th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Donald Newcomb

"MTBike1970" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

I don't recall if cameras are "confiscated" at the door or not but they
don't allow pictures to be taken. If they did I'd have ten million pictures
inside each. Since I don't have a single one, the conclusion is that they
don't.

--
Donald Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old October 9th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Kristian

"MTBike1970" wrote:

Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

From personal experience last year: at the Rijksmuseum no problem
taking pictures, but its a no no at the Van Gogh.

Kristian
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Mike O'Sullivan

MTBike1970 wrote:
Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum

Yes

and the Van
Gogh museum?

No (illogical eh?
Old October 9th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Mike O'Sullivan

Donald Newcomb wrote:

"MTBike1970" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

I don't recall if cameras are "confiscated" at the door or not but they
don't allow pictures to be taken.

At the Rijksmuseum you can.
Old October 10th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Anonymouse

Hi,

didn't give us any hassle at either.

no flash is I think the rule.

some stuff you can definitely BUY a better slide reasonably.

MTBike1970 wrote:
Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

--

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb
yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after
his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself,
after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

Old October 10th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Mike O'Sullivan

MTBike1970 wrote:

thanks again...

"MTBike1970" wrote in message
news
Does anyone know if cameras are allowed inside the Rijksmuseum and the Van
Gogh museums?
thanks...MTB

You do know that the major part of the Rijksmuseum is closed for
renovation? The Philips wing is the only part open. Still worth a visit,
but I noticed that they didn't lower the admission charge.