Need a Travel Agent for Maui

Old April 26th, 2006, 06:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Need a Travel Agent for Maui

Hi,

We loved our one & only visit to Maui south of Kihei about 15 years
ago and can't wait to go back.

We stayed at a Makena Surf condo and loved snorkelling right out our
back door on a very quiet beach! Unfortunately, it now appears to be
out of our price range.

Just starting our planning....We don't need crowds or activities, just
peace and quiet and snorkelling.

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that has a working knowledge
of good snorkel areas and decent 1Br condos on that part of Maui?

Approx. Maui Arrival Date: 7/24/06

Approx. Departure Date:* 8/7/06

thnx

Phil H.

PS: If this is the wrong newsgroup, please suggest a better one....
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

In article ,
phil6666 wrote:

Hi,

We loved our one & only visit to Maui south of Kihei about 15 years
ago and can't wait to go back.

We stayed at a Makena Surf condo and loved snorkelling right out our
back door on a very quiet beach! Unfortunately, it now appears to be
out of our price range.

Just starting our planning....We don't need crowds or activities, just
peace and quiet and snorkelling.

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that has a working knowledge
of good snorkel areas and decent 1Br condos on that part of Maui?

Approx. Maui Arrival Date: 7/24/06

Approx. Departure Date:* 8/7/06

This is the right newsgroup, but why do you feel you need a travel
agent? If you want one, Liberty Travel is good, but if you ask some
questions here on this newsgroup, I am sure you can get plenty of good
advise to plan a visit to Hawaii. I don't know about snorkeling because
its not my thing, but I imagine some others on this newsgroup know.
Old April 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
In article ,
phil6666 wrote:
We loved our one & only visit to Maui south of Kihei about 15 years
ago and can't wait to go back.

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent that has a working knowledge
of good snorkel areas and decent 1Br condos on that part of Maui?

This is the right newsgroup, but why do you feel you need a travel
agent? If you want one, Liberty Travel is good, but if you ask some
questions here on this newsgroup, I am sure you can get plenty of good
advise to plan a visit to Hawaii. I don't know about snorkeling because
its not my thing, but I imagine some others on this newsgroup know.

Those who are interested in snorkeling are invited to visit my Maui webpage
and click on the link that says "Maui Diving Resources". There is also
other interesting and informative information and links to people who live
on the Island of Maui. The webpage is:
http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vMaui.html - where you'll find no
advertising, no pop-ups, no cookies and nothing for sale. Bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old April 27th, 2006, 07:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

I don't know much about the travel industry, but I do know someone who
is a travel expert. He is involved with a travel network that books
discount travel all over the world. I am sure he could help you.

If you would like me to put you in touch email me at

Or if you would like to contact him directly goto
http:
www.illumastream.com. There you can fill out the contact info
form.

Don't worry about all the gobeltygook you will see on the site. It's
for another aspect of their operation.
If you just fill out the information he will contact you, then you can
tell him what you are trying to do.

Old April 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

This is my second post...initial response was of limited value.

I 've tried to get info from individual condo owners about snorkeling
near their property. Some have been helpful, most just ignore my
questions.

(Not sure if they can't be bothered or just don't know!!??)

thnx

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:37:05 -0400, Shawn Hirn

Old April 29th, 2006, 05:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

"phil6666" wrote in message

This is my second post...initial response was of limited value.

I 've tried to get info from individual condo owners about snorkeling
near their property. Some have been helpful, most just ignore my
questions.

(Not sure if they can't be bothered or just don't know!!??)

thnx

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:37:05 -0400, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

In article ,
phil6666 wrote:

[...]

Just put 'condo rental kihei' in google and you will get a bunch of hits.
Most any condo in Kihei is within 200 yards of the beach. You might have to
walk across the road, but it is a short walk.