Thailand Honeymoon

Old July 28th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Andrew

Default Thailand Honeymoon

I need some serious help here. I am getting married in November and
have the task of planning my entire Honeymoon to Thailand. I have
never traveled to Asia, and have always gone the all inclusive route.
I got the thumbs down for the all inclusive on this trip, so Now I
have NO IDEA where to begin. I bought the Thailand lonely planet
book, but Im finding that very confusing. Any suggestions on Hotels,
sites, or anything else would be greatly appreciated. Heres the what
Ive got so far:

- Arrive Nov. 8th or there abouts in Bangkok.
- Must have 3 -4 days at a beach resort. 4 or 5 star (honeymoon
suite).
- Must go somewhere with world class snorkling (no diving). Ko Surin?
Ko Similan? Ko Tarutao?
- Would like to see monkeys in a rain forest.
- Canoeing.
- Temples.
- 10 - 14 day trip.

??????????

Thanks

Andrew
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:16 PM
ash

Get the temples out of the way in Bangkok -Royal Palace, Wat Po, to include
a massage, Pat Phra Keow(Temple of the emerald Buddha) etc etc.
Good beach, though v. lively(!) at Patong on Phuket, try the Andaman Suites,
then as a complete contrast it is easy to get from there to Phi Phi islands
for the snorkelling(not diving).
In the same area there is canoeing in mangroves and caves all round Krabi.
Monkeys all over the place but not sure where to tell you to go to see them
in a rain forest!
om...

Old July 29th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Philip Allum

If you want the real bees knees for a few days in the lap of luxury go
to the Banyan Tree on Phuket.

That side of Thailand is the right side for the weather in November and
Phuket is a good centre for getting to the other places you mention.

If the Banyan Tree is a little too rich for your blood, try the Chedi,
also on Phuket.

In message , Andrew
writes

--
Philip Allum
Old July 30th, 2004, 05:05 PM
JackFrost

Andrew,
My wife and I have been to Thailand plenty of times and the BEST time we
ever had was on Phi Phi island. There are plenty of crappy places to stay
but we found a little place on the side of the hill(the name is bayview
resort).
Cannot remember the phone number but it is in the lonely planet
snip (Bay View Resort consists of split -level bungalows. situated on the
hilly terrains of Laem Hin and surrounded by thick groves of trees. From
the logges, you can see the panoramic view of Phi Phi Lae Island. At the
Front of the resort lies a pure, white beach.
snip
Phone them direct. I have been in Thailand working since February and in
May they said the rate was about 3,000 baht a night. You can either eat at
their restaurant or walk into town. It is great.
The bungalows look over the Bay and we used to hear people walk up the
steep hill to get to the units before booking in.
And absolutely EVERYONE said it ... "****, look at that view".
I have rarely been to nicer places (views) and for 2 years I lived in 5
star resorts in Thailand.
As far as Phuket is concerned - we also spend a really nice ten days
earlier this year at a place called Kata Noi Club (about 800 baht a nite)
in Kata beach, they are closed until October - you cannot book - just show
up - they will NOT be full then. We were the only guests there for most of
the time - you are about 100 metres from the NICE white beach.
Hope this helps
Jack

Old July 31st, 2004, 02:24 AM
Goldwatch

Andrew

We are honeymooning too in Phuket later this year. Same sort of deal, a
decent place for a few nights to get over the travel and general tiredness
etc, then a few days travelling around, avoiding the Patong mayhem, probably
head to Phi Phi, then a few nights at the Evason resort on Phuket.

We have been recommended the Bangtao Beach Chelets in Phuket for some not
too expensive relaxation away from the crowds, jungle location near to a
lovely beach in Phuket.

Phi Phi is a good choice, easy boat ride from Phuket. Regular flights
available between BKK and Phuket.

Good luck.

GW
om...