Budapest, Warsaw, Prague, Berlin via rail

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:41 PM
David Eerdmans

Default Budapest, Warsaw, Prague, Berlin via rail

Ulf Kutzner wrote in article
Deep Freud Moors schrieb:

Oh, Romania will probably become the hottest new destination once the

next
round of countries are in the EU. Check it out now before everyone else
does!

I guess it doesn't depend so much on EU but on visa-free entry, which
exists already, and on through connections by public transport, which
could be better besides the black sea coast. I am not talking about
overland buses.

And on the negative image many people have about Central- and
Eastern-Europe.

When I tell people I visited Poland, Lithuania, Latvia this summer they
often can't believe I chose those countries as a holiday destination. They
think everything is grey, dull, poor and in a bad state in those
countries...

Regards,
David

(getting off-topic in mtre, f'up to rec.travel.europe)

Old November 6th, 2003, 07:13 PM
tobias b koehler

David Eerdmans wrote:

And on the negative image many people have about Central- and
Eastern-Europe.

When I tell people I visited Poland, Lithuania, Latvia this summer they
often can't believe I chose those countries as a holiday destination. They
think everything is grey, dull, poor and in a bad state in those
countries...

Just listen to all the noisy Tupolev airliners in Berlin-Schöne-
feld and Dresden-Klotzsche flying to Bulgarian black sea
destinations.

--
tobias benjamin köhler ____________________________
_________ ______________ ______________ ______________ _______

Old November 6th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Deep Freud Moors

Deep Freud Moors schrieb:

Oh, Romania will probably become the hottest new destination once the

next
round of countries are in the EU. Check it out now before everyone

else
does!

I guess it doesn't depend so much on EU but on visa-free entry, which
exists already, and on through connections by public transport, which
could be better besides the black sea coast. I am not talking about
overland buses.

And on the negative image many people have about Central- and
Eastern-Europe.

When I tell people I visited Poland, Lithuania, Latvia this summer they
often can't believe I chose those countries as a holiday destination. They
think everything is grey, dull, poor and in a bad state in those
countries...

Poorer maybe. Some people are not into adventure, and feel uncomfortable
when away from the safety of the west.

Booooooooooring.....

(getting off-topic in mtre, f'up to rec.travel.europe)

What does "f'up" mean?
---
DFM

Old November 6th, 2003, 11:18 PM
David Eerdmans

Deep Freud Moors wrote in article
David Eerdmans wrote in message

When I tell people I visited Poland, Lithuania, Latvia this summer they
often can't believe I chose those countries as a holiday destination.

They
think everything is grey, dull, poor and in a bad state in those
countries...

Poorer maybe. Some people are not into adventure, and feel uncomfortable
when away from the safety of the west.

Booooooooooring.....

I think so too. But there are many people enjoying themselves going to the
same destination year after year.

I have to admit though that Riga and Vilnius had more foreign tourists than
I expected. But still at a very acceptable level. :-)

(getting off-topic in mtre, f'up to rec.travel.europe)

What does "f'up" mean?

Follow-up. In this case, it means that any replies to my message are only
posted to rec.travel.europe, not to misc.transport.rail.europe anymore.
Consult the help function of your news client for more information on how
to use this.

Regards,
David

Old November 7th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Deep Freud Moors

David Eerdmans wrote in message

Deep Freud Moors wrote in

article
David Eerdmans wrote in message

When I tell people I visited Poland, Lithuania, Latvia this summer

they
often can't believe I chose those countries as a holiday destination.

They
think everything is grey, dull, poor and in a bad state in those
countries...

Poorer maybe. Some people are not into adventure, and feel uncomfortable
when away from the safety of the west.

Booooooooooring.....

I think so too. But there are many people enjoying themselves going to the
same destination year after year.

I have to admit though that Riga and Vilnius had more foreign tourists

than
I expected. But still at a very acceptable level. :-)

Perhaps try Kaliningrad or Minsk next time!
---
DFM

Old November 7th, 2003, 07:19 PM
David Eerdmans

Deep Freud Moors wrote in article
David Eerdmans wrote in message

I have to admit though that Riga and Vilnius had more foreign tourists
than
I expected. But still at a very acceptable level. :-)

Perhaps try Kaliningrad or Minsk next time!

:-)

Kalingrad or Belarus is not on my "to do" list yet. The Ukraine is,
though...

Regards,
David