Cheaptickets drops the ball, and refuses to pick it up

Old April 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM posted to rec.travel.misc
bob fusillo

Default Cheaptickets drops the ball, and refuses to pick it up

CheapTickets.Com drops the Ball. Hard. And refuses to pick it up.

In mid-November I contacted CheapTickets.com for two tickets, at the end of
May, from London to Atlanta. They offered me a London/Chicago/Atlanta
flight. I sent all my details, including my credit card number, and received
an email stating "Your flight is confirmed" for both legs.

No more from them. In April, I checked with Air India because I wondered if
the flight time might have been changed. I was told that my reservation had
been cancelled. Air India knew not why, and referred me to Cheap Tickets.

In thirty five minutes of increasingly heated discussion with the outsourced
reps and supervisors in Western Australia, no one could tell me why the
flight had been cancelled. I was told that it was my fault for not
contacting Air India, although nothing in their email or website said that
it was necessary: I had assumed, foolishly they implied, that "Your flight
is confirmed" meant that my flight was confirmed.

My wife tried again, for another twenty five minutes, and got the same
runaround. One supervisor said that they had sent an email telling us of the
cancellation ( but not why). We did not get it. When she asked him to send a
copy he said he would, but we have not gotten it either.

We had to get to Atlanta, so it meant a new ticket. The fare had, of course,
gone up several hundred dollars since the November booking. And then,
multiplying the anger, the fare went up again while I was talking to them.

Cheaptickets.com has lost my business. You might wish to consider my
experience and look elsewhere.