How long for Prague

Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Geoff McCaughan

Default How long for Prague

"nightjar" nightjar@ insert_my_surname_here.uk.com wrote:

"Go Fig" wrote in message
..
I think it merits at least another night, if just to enjoy the
nighttime/nightlife. If you like evening river cruises, this one is
very nice, but not the food.

For me, some of the best food I've had abroad. Lots of stews with a variety
of different dumplings for very little money. Give me that over French food
any day.

While I likes the Czech food, I found there was limited variety. Hungary is
much better for food IMHO.

Old March 24th, 2004, 04:34 AM
Ra

Miss L. Toe wrote:
I am think about my first visit to Prague.

From people I have spoken to, they seem to suggest that it is samller than
one might expect with not too much to do (compared to other European
Cities).

How long would people suggest for a first visit ? 2 half days (1 night) is
what I am currently thinking.

I think it depends on you. We spent 6 nights, with one day trip to
Thierenstadt and thought we could have used one more day.

Old March 24th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

"alexbrown77" wrote in message
om...
I think that 2 days and 1 night is enough time. It so beautiful just
to walk around there and it is so inexpensive--good to catch up on a
budget from other places...Where else are you planning on going?

No where - it'll just be a quick weekend (or so) away when bmibaby get

going
from LGW.
If/when I can get a bargain price on the flight.

Unless there is anywhere nearby worth visiting at the same time

Thanks for all the advice - It'll be more than 2 half days :-)

Also I've just found out that EasyJet are starting to fly there from LGW as
well as bmibaby and BA so there should be some good prices - and I can
always go back if I like it.

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM
tile

Do not forget the nearby castle of Karlstein
( the best preserved in cz ) and the nearby town of Kutna Hora witha lot of
important monuments
silver mines and caves.
"Miss L. Toe" ha scritto nel messaggio
I am think about my first visit to Prague.

From people I have spoken to, they seem to suggest that it is samller than

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Roman Toda

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message ...
I am think about my first visit to Prague.

From people I have spoken to, they seem to suggest that it is samller than
one might expect with not too much to do (compared to other European
Cities).

How long would people suggest for a first visit ? 2 half days (1 night) is
what I am currently thinking.

I'd suggest 4 days. There is a lot of see and a lot of to drink
You will like Prague if you find enough time to soak pub's atmosphere,
just walk around without particular aim. And of course all museums,
historic sights etc. But I feel always tired after 2 days of "culture"
Make your plan - what you want to see in advance and let some free
time in it - you will appreciate it

Roman
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:00 PM
nick

There are two pubs you MUST VISIT. These are proper Czech pubs and
are very famous. U Fleku and U zlatého tygra (The Golden Tiger).
U Fleku is dated 1499

http://www.ufleku.cz/

U zlatého tygra
Husova 17, Praha 1 (Staré mesto)

(Near Staremestke namesti)

"Roman Toda" wrote in message om...
"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message ...
I am think about my first visit to Prague.

From people I have spoken to, they seem to suggest that it is samller than

Old March 24th, 2004, 10:04 PM
nick

http://members.surfeu.fi/tmetsala/Praha/alkusivu.html

This site pretty much covers every pub in Prague worth visiting. (Best translate it from Finnish)

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message ...
I am think about my first visit to Prague.

From people I have spoken to, they seem to suggest that it is samller than

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Zemedelec

"alexbrown77" wrote in message
om...
I think that 2 days and 1 night is enough time. It so beautiful just
to walk around there and it is so inexpensive--good to catch up on a
budget from other places...Where else are you planning on going?

No where - it'll just be a quick weekend (or so) away when bmibaby get going
from LGW.
If/when I can get a bargain price on the flight.

Unless there is anywhere nearby worth visiting at the same time

I'd agree with the 2 days 1 night formula if you resolve not to See Everything.
Go to a district that interests you and start walking. Go in the art
galleries, pubs, passages through buildings (I forget the right name, but they
seemed quite safe during my four visits--unlike those in Moscow. In other
words, don't try for the checks on your Travel scorebord, save one: Next time,
come back for a week.

zemedelec