Helmets Spreading Head Lice

Old May 9th, 2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Helmets Spreading Head Lice

Odysseus wrote:

Actually, I bring my own mask and snorkel. It's not because of germs.
It's because my own equipment fits me. No leaky mask for me.

I bring my own, too. I bring my mask specifically because of fit (I
have a very small, narrow face and getting a good seal is tough) but I
like my own snorkel because, I admit, I get a little grossed out at the
thought of putting something in my mouth that who knows how many others
have done the same. But, also, my snorkel is a little techier than the
ones they usually supply on snorkel tours so I bring my own for that
reason as well. Sometimes I bring my own fins, but if space is tight in
the suitcase, it's the fins that get left home first. I don't mind
borrowing them.

Lee

Old May 9th, 2006, 02:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

LeeNY wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

Actually, I bring my own mask and snorkel. It's not because of germs.
It's because my own equipment fits me. No leaky mask for me.

I bring my own, too.
Lee

When I go cruising, with an opportunity to scuba, I bring my mask,
hood,
regulator, exposure suit, dive computer, nitrox computer, dive booties,
fins, dive belt and soft weights, dive socks, UW light, UW camera, dive
bag to hold those and miscellaneous other dive gears.

As prepared as I am, I not as well prepared as W.C. Fields, who said
he brings flasks for his spirits and plenty of supply for
replentishment.
For medicinal reasons in case of a snake bite. He also brings a little
snake, in case it is needed. He doesn't worry about head lice at all
because his breath would fumigate any little creatures of that kind.

-- Bob.

Old May 10th, 2006, 04:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Earl Colby Pottinger :

Odysseus :

Let me make a list of everything I need to bring on my cruise.

Note: most can be found in small spray bottles that are easy to carry.

1. Anti-bacterial detergent to clean the mask and snorkel

If you are going put something like this into you mouth, maybe it is not such
a bad idea.

2. Fungicide to clean the fins

Don't know if it will work if you are going into water, maybe after you are
back at your cabin some power on your foot will not hurt and may save you
from a future mess.

3. Lice spray to clean helmets

I am bald

4. Disinfectant to clean my cabin

Not that would be an insult to the cleaning staff! I hope!

5. Anti-bacterial wipes to clean my hands before eating

Small, easy to carry. If not you parents with small children should consider
it.

6. Disposable gloves so that I don't have to touch any surface another
passenger did.

Now that is going too far ........ I hope!

7. Cover for the airplane headrest to protect from who knows what.

Considering how greasy somepeople heads are, a towel in your carry-on might
not be a bad idea.

I'm going to end up being like Howard Hughes in the later years of his

life.

It is still ok if you also end up as rich as he was!

He died rich and miserable. As opposed to poor and miserable. There's
got to be a middle ground.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
dillon