Hello from the wilds

Old January 3rd, 2007, 03:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Philip and Heather Johnson

Default Hello from the wilds

Hi all,
This is Philip Johnson popping in to say hello. My wife Heather and I were
on the GGC2000 with some of you guys. We just booked our first cruise since
2003 so I can now officially get excited. ;) (Yo Ho the cruising life for
me, come on everybody...) sorry

We have been quite busy the last few years starting up some business
ventures here in Western NY and decided we needed a cruise. We are going on
the Legend Feb 20th bound for Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize. We've never
been to these ports so it should be fun. Heather likes the days at sea so
this seemed like a good choice.

As I look into what to do I may ask your collective advice on the ports.
What to do/avoid etc...

But for now, just wanted to say hello :)

Happy Cruising!
Phil

Old January 3rd, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Avoid Puerto Limon in Costa Rica and Colon in Panama! Get out into the
countrysied which is beautiful in both counytries. I have never been to
Belize.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Philip and Heather Johnson

Hi Clint,

What about hooking up with a driver to tour the countryside? Can you trust
the people at the docks? On our last cruise, Dawn Princess 2003, we did
that on the islands but I don't have any experience with central america.
What can I expect? I'm guessing most are okay. I've never had any trouble.
Well, check that, I did have a guy pull a knife on me in Jamaca but he
wasn't the driver. Guy got mad 'cause I wouldn't buy any ganja or give him
money. He had on enough gold to pay for a cruise!!

thanks,
Phil

Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

We bought tours from the ship(HAL) for Panama and Costa Rica. Very pleased,
but it is more expensive than "local" tours. But, if you buy from the ship
you know you are safe and won't get "left." Regardless you must get tours.
The two port cities are awful(Colon and Puerto Limon)

Other folks might have different experiences?

Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G[_1_]

"Philip and Heather Johnson" wrote in message
Hi Clint,

What about hooking up with a driver to tour the countryside? Can you trust
the people at the docks? On our last cruise, Dawn Princess 2003, we did
that on the islands but I don't have any experience with central america.
What can I expect? I'm guessing most are okay. I've never had any trouble.
Well, check that, I did have a guy pull a knife on me in Jamaca but he
wasn't the driver. Guy got mad 'cause I wouldn't buy any ganja or give him
money. He had on enough gold to pay for a cruise!!

thanks,
Phil

I am sorry, Phil, but I hoped that someone would have told you before I had
to.

Clint is one of our trolls, and while there is that infinitesimal chance
that his information MIGHT be accurate, I'd rather see you get your
information from anyone else.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old January 4th, 2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Been to belize,and did not like it at all

cruise lover

Old January 4th, 2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

"Dick G" dickg@invalid wrote in message
[...]

"clint is ONE of our trolls." PLUREL? More than one troll??
heaven forbid, you should imply that clint is NOT THE ONLY troll on this NG.
Are you making an implied reference that just maybe, yours truly, is a
troll? I thought you had more respect for me?
Well, to show you I have no hard feelings dick, here is an idea for you to
make money galore. Enough money to BUY that building you live in; pay your
lawyer for 6 months or to take 2 crusies.
You, danni and heidi drive to South carolina and rent a uhaul trailer. Load
it up with cigarettes and drive back home. No one, especially the cops, will
take a second look at you three in the car. Will look like a family moving
from one state to another. Peddle the butts in Manhatten/Harlem Harlem at
$5.00 a pack and make a killing.

JP

Old January 4th, 2007, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Philip and Heather Johnson

I would like to see some Maya sites but getting there and back in the short
amount of time could be a problem. I see there is a excursion to a minor
temple. I might have to be satisfied with that. There is always snorkling.

Thanks,
Phil

Been to belize,and did not like it at all

Old January 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JP[_3_]

"Philip and Heather Johnson" wrote in message
I would like to see some Maya sites but getting there and back in the

short
amount of time could be a problem. I see there is a excursion to a minor
temple. I might have to be satisfied with that. There is always

snorkling.

Thanks,
Phil

Been to belize,and did not like it at all

Do some more checking and I'm sure you will find a helicopter service who
will make visiting the maya sites very possible. I'm surprised clint didn't
think about that.

JP.....

Old January 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Philip and Heather Johnson

I've been to the library, yes there's still a few left, and read up on
Belize and Costa Rica. They sound like beautiful places. More than just
the ruins to see. I'm not a big fan of choppers, bad experience. More
research needed. But that's half the fun.:)

Thanks for the response.