Taipei information request

Old October 10th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Blake S

Default Taipei information request

wrote in message
I am starting this new thread because I just learned
that my company scheduled me to stay at the
Taipei Rebar Crowne Plaza and I need information
about its neighborhood.

I know it is located on the east side of Taipei and
I would appreciate any information about it.

Thanks in advance!

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

I've stayed there a few times. The hotel itself is wonderful, with very
large rooms by Taipei standards. Staff is very helpful and there used to be
a Western lounge in the basement (maybe still is). The hotel definitely
caters to Western businessmen and tourist.

The neighborhood is safe, but there's not that much for a Western traveler
to do there. You can go to the concierge and they'll write you a taxi card
to the MRT, Sogo, or whatever. They're all just beyond walking distance but
a short taxi ride. Definitely check out the Core Pacific Living Mall on
Pateh Rd. which you can probaly walk to from the Hotel. It's probably the
most modern mall that I've been to IMO.

Old October 10th, 2003, 08:45 PM

Thank you for your information. It seems that
this particlar hotel is a bit out of the way from
everywhere.

Now, my company usually takes care of my
luggage in advance. I will be travelling very
light. What do you think is the best way to
get to the hotel from the airport?

Someone told me that there is a bus from
the International airport to the local airport.
She suggested to take this nonstop bus to
the local airport and a taxi to the hotel from it.
She said it had saved her lots of time in the
past. What do you think about i?

Thanks again!

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:47:36 GMT, "Blake S"
wrote:
.. .

Old October 10th, 2003, 09:28 PM
Blake S

The domestic airport is very close to the Rebar. That sounds like a good
idea to me. Alot of Taiwanese people refer to this hotel as "Rebar Hotel",
since it was called that before Holiday Inn took over. Make sure that you
have a taxi card made for you from someone at the desk of the bus at the
airport. Or, you can download the chinese address from the internet. Most
taxi drivers in Taipei speak very little English.

The Rebar also has a private van that can take you back to the airport. The
price was NT $700 last time I used it (about US $20).

wrote in message
Thank you for your information. It seems that
this particlar hotel is a bit out of the way from
everywhere.

Now, my company usually takes care of my
luggage in advance. I will be travelling very
light. What do you think is the best way to
get to the hotel from the airport?

Someone told me that there is a bus from
the International airport to the local airport.
She suggested to take this nonstop bus to
the local airport and a taxi to the hotel from it.
She said it had saved her lots of time in the
past. What do you think about i?

Thanks again!

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:47:36 GMT, "Blake S"
wrote:
.. .