Car rental in spain

Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
DB

Default Car rental in spain

Can anyone direct me to a legit car rental place in Spain?
It seems that all I keep coming across are email-harvesting websites that
want to email me a quote, but never do. I guess they are ramping up to
spam me.

-DB
Old March 23rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
Mark Hewitt

"DB" wrote in message
news
Can anyone direct me to a legit car rental place in Spain?
It seems that all I keep coming across are email-harvesting websites that
want to email me a quote, but never do. I guess they are ramping up to
spam me.

We've tried Holiday Autos. They were fine.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:42 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
DB wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a legit car rental place in Spain?
It seems that all I keep coming across are email-harvesting websites that
want to email me a quote, but never do. I guess they are ramping up to
spam me.

You can try the usual suspects, + europcar.com, sitx.com and avis.co.uk
Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:12 PM
cb

I've had good luck with www.alamo.com. If you visit the website and click on
locations, and follow it through for Europe and then Spain, you will see
many car rental locations all over Spain. The last time I rented with them
was in Sevilla at the Santa Justa train station. Alamo subcontracts with
Atesa and I picked up the car in the Atesa counter. I haven't tried this
myself but I suppose you can check the rates directly with Atesa at
www.atesa.es.

news

Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:17 PM
Thomas Peel

Not the Karl Orff schrieb:

In article ,
DB wrote:

Can anyone direct me to a legit car rental place in Spain?
It seems that all I keep coming across are email-harvesting websites that
want to email me a quote, but never do. I guess they are ramping up to
spam me.

www.e-sixt.com
You can try the usual suspects, + europcar.com, sitx.com and avis.co.uk

T.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 05:22 PM
Steltzjr

Can anyone direct me to a legit car rental place in Spain?

And here's one specific to Spain:

www.spain-car-rentals.com

Old March 23rd, 2004, 06:57 PM
Alec

"cb" wrote in message
I've had good luck with www.alamo.com. If you visit the website and click

on
locations, and follow it through for Europe and then Spain, you will see
many car rental locations all over Spain. The last time I rented with them
was in Sevilla at the Santa Justa train station. Alamo subcontracts with
Atesa and I picked up the car in the Atesa counter. I haven't tried this
myself but I suppose you can check the rates directly with Atesa at
www.atesa.es.

www.carjet.com is a consolidator for mainly Atesa/Alamo and their service
and price are very good. Always opt for nil deductible/excess (up to 1000
euro!) by paying around 10 euro/day more in most locations.

Alec

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:01 PM
Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com

No deductibles at all at http://www.allinclusivecarhire.com/

--

Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM
Alec

Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com wrote in message
"Alec" wrote:

"cb" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, but they offer nil excess only at certain locations. Barcelona or
Girona aren't included.

Alec

Old March 24th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Steltzjr

No deductibles at all at http://www.allinclusivecarhire.com/

Yes, but they offer nil excess only at certain locations. Barcelona or Girona
aren't included.

I agree. Tried them for a Madrid rental and nil excess was not offered. I went
instead with www.spain-car-rentals.com and found them cheaper. Rental is coming
through the Europcar desk.

BRBR