Getting from Vancouver to Kelowna...

Old February 2nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Doug

Default Getting from Vancouver to Kelowna...

Just curious, are you familiar with driving on the "right" side of the road?
If not, I imagine that you'd find the hours it takes to drive from Vancouver
to Kelowna stressful.

I know for me that just being in the passenger seat of a car in the UK was
enough to stress me out. LOLOL

Judy

Thanks to all for the information and suggestions. I have driven in
the States occasionally, so I'd probably be OK with the 'wrong' (as I
see it!) side of the road. However flying is looking favourite at the
moment. Is it necessary/advisable to book flights like this in advance
(cheaper?) or can we just turn up at the airport and buy a ticket on
the day?

--Doug.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 11:56 AM
Aramis

It would be better to buy it early. There are advance purchase requirements
on some of these flights. It may be possible to just show up, on Westjet,
for example, but why take that risk.

m...

Old February 13th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Dave Smith wrote:

Doug wrote:

I will be in Vancouver for a few days soon, and have a friend who
lives in Westbank near Kelowna who I'd like to visit. Whats the best
way to get there, train or hire a car ? And how long would it take by
each method? I suspect car hire would be best, but as its winter I'm
not sure what the road conditions might be like, advice there would
also be appreciated, especially suggestions about the best route to
take.

You should check out air fares. It is a 6-7 hour drive from Vancouver to
Kelowna in good weather, and you have to go through mountains to get
there.

Nah, I've done it in under 4 hrs either direction (Mission area to East
Van. or v-v). And Westbank is at least 1/2 horu closer to Vancouver
Old February 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Richard wrote:

Or fly as someone else has suggested. The airport in Kelowna is the
other side of town to Westbank but it isn't that far

I'd wager at least 1/2 hour's drive these days. Traffic on 97 is
getting atrocious.