Vacation plans

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Karen Henelde

Default Vacation plans

As much as we all love talking about, planning for, and going on cruises,
not everyone cruises for every vacation. I thought an interesting thread
would be to hear from cruise lovers what other types of vacations they have
planned for this upcoming vacation season. It's been two and a half years
between cruises for David and me, but we've taken some wonderful land
vacations--family vacations on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with our
children and grandchildren, two trips to Europe, an incredibly fun week in
Key West , and a short mother-daughter vacation to Ocean City,
Maryland--certainly not exotic, but a treasured memory for both of us. What
are the rest of you planning for this year if you're not cruising?

Karen
Owings Mills, MD

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:01:03 -0400, "Karen Henelde"
wrote:

What
are the rest of you planning for this year if you're not cruising?

My funeral.
Old May 12th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Howie

Karen Henelde wrote:

As much as we all love talking about, planning for, and going on cruises,
not everyone cruises for every vacation. I thought an interesting thread
would be to hear from cruise lovers what other types of vacations they have
planned for this upcoming vacation season. It's been two and a half years
between cruises for David and me, but we've taken some wonderful land
vacations--family vacations on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with our
children and grandchildren, two trips to Europe, an incredibly fun week in
Key West , and a short mother-daughter vacation to Ocean City,
Maryland--certainly not exotic, but a treasured memory for both of us. What
are the rest of you planning for this year if you're not cruising?

Karen
Owings Mills, MD

Boston next week to see younger son.
Cruise on June 13.
Asheville, NC end of june to see older son.

No other plans yet.

Howie - livin on the edge.

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Annie Mooney Neves

Next week we will do a rail motorcar trip in Oregon with a large group
from Motorcar Operators West.

4th of July holiday will be a camping trip in the high country with
about 15 friends.

Planning a long weekend in Ventura to visit my brother.

August -- maybe Las Vegas (a.k.a. Lost Wages) or the CA Central Coast
area for our wedding anniversary.

We'll also do a couple of short weekenders, probably to Lake Tahoe,
Reno, and the beach.

And.....my sister and I are looking into cruising out of Galveston this
fall -- her first cruise -- and we'll see relatives in that area as well.

Finally....my husband is planning our Alaska cruise/rail/land trip for
next year.

Yes, indeed, variety is the spice of life!

==Annie by the Bay

Old May 12th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Lunyma

What
are the rest of you planning for this year if you're not cruising?

I can't make any real travel plans, as I am a full time care giver to my mom,
who lives with me. The only thing I know for sure, that I will be doing this
year, is taking one son to school, in Sarasota, returning immediately, and
taking another son to school in Central IL... Both in August...

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Dory Samuels

Gee Karen, I just started this thread on another ng. We don't cruise
during the summer. Two reasons.....the rates are higher and more
children on board. So we do long weekend car trips. Three planned
already are, Boynton Beach for a surprise birthday celebration.
Dillard, Ga. We have a gift certificate to stay at Dillard House and
enjoy their restaurant. Third a trip to St Augustine with the gr. kids
(ages 10 to 15 yrs) to expose them to a lot of American history in a fun
style.

~Dory~

Old May 12th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Linsifer

We just cancelled a week up at Lake Almanor for August. Two reasons: I'm
worried the power company who owns the lake might need to drain the area where
we swim. (if the water is needed). It would be silly to rent a lake house with
no lake.

Another reason: We're in the process of adding a Labrador puppy to our family,
but still talking with breeders and not sure when there will be a female
available to us. Soooooo....I told you waaay more than you wanted to hear,
right?!

Lindsay -------------- who will just have to make do with one of those
"favorite beaches" here in my hometown.

Karen Henelde asked:

What are the rest of you planning for this year if you're not cruising?
Old May 12th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Linsifer

Be sure and wave to me as you pass by, Annie! How far South are ya goin' on the
Central coast? Happy anniversary!

Lindsay

Old May 12th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Karen Henelde

Not at all. As much as we all love cruising, there are lots of reasons why
we make the choices we make. My husband, for example, enjoys cruising, but
does not love it the way I do. He is way more into the touring and
exploring kinds of vacations than I am. Cruising for us is actually a great
compromise. We get some down time with relaxation in the sun, and some
exploring time when we out in port. He's already informed me that after our
upcoming cruise this fall that our vacation next year will be a two-week
trip exploring northern California. I like the idea of going back to
California, but when I think of all that packing and unpacking I want to
shudder. I am, however, excited about spending a couple of day in the wine
country : )

Karen
Owings Mills, MD