Cruise Industry News Websites/Magazines?

Old June 15th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Paul Schnebelen

Default Cruise Industry News Websites/Magazines?

Hi all,

I recently discovered this group, so forgive me if this is a question that's
been asked a few million times. This group and some of the websites
mentioned by frequent posters are great resources for someone who's looking
for information in preparation for taking a cruise, but can anyone recommend
any trade magazines or websites if I want to find out about what's going on
in the industry itself? Thanks in advance.

--
Paul Schnebelen
"Monorail one, clear for dispatch"

Old June 15th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Thomas Parody

Look at
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+%...igy.com&rnum=8

Old June 15th, 2004, 04:04 PM
E.k.R.

"Paul Schnebelen" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi all,

I recently discovered this group, so forgive me if this is a question

that's
been asked a few million times. This group and some of the websites
mentioned by frequent posters are great resources for someone who's

looking
for information in preparation for taking a cruise, but can anyone

recommend
any trade magazines or websites if I want to find out about what's going

on
in the industry itself? Thanks in advance.

--
Paul Schnebelen

Hi Paul,
The following magazines are probably the best available for industry news.
They are usually published about four times a year and anyone can subscribe.
These are not fluff magazines about how much to tip or what time the
midnight buffet is. These are magazines that are geared toward cruise
industry executives, NOT passengers. There is a lot of technical
information on different suppliers to the cruise lines, info on new ship
designs, and always features on new ships and interviews with different
cruise line personnel. I love these magazines (and you can really learn a
lot), and I hope they are what you were looking for.

If you have even more of a thirst for cruise industry information, there is
a conference and convention every March in Miami Beach. It's put on by
Seatrade and is all about the cruise industry. Usually every cruise line
executive is in attendance. As an outsider, you can attend the convention
portion which is quite interesting in itself. I usually try to attend about
every other year. At the convention, any possible item or service that you
think a cruise ship or line would ever be interested in is represented.
Everything from the shipyards that build the ships, to the ports where the
ships call at will have a display. Of course everything in-between is also
represented. Things like photo services, deep fat fryers, and uniforms for
employees. Anything you can think of! I usually have so many brochures
when I'm finished that I have to ship them home!

Best,
Ernie

Here are links to the magazines and convention:

1. Cruise Industry News Quarterly
http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/quarterly.htm

2. Cruise Business Review
http://www.cruisebusiness.com/maincruise1.htm