Monterey-Carmel

Old July 13th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Norm Goldman

Default Monterey-Carmel

Does anyone have any suggestions as to inexpensive accomodations that would
be about 1/2 drive from Monterey-Carmel.
I will be visiting the area in October. The accomodations for the Monterey
area seem to be very expensive.

Old July 13th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Keith W

"Norm Goldman" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone have any suggestions as to inexpensive accomodations that
would be about 1/2 drive from Monterey-Carmel.
I will be visiting the area in October. The accomodations for the Monterey
area seem to be very expensive.

There are lots of cheap motels in Seaside which is about 5 minutes from
Monterey.

http://beachcalifornia.travelhero.co...EASIDE/aid/68/

Keith

Old July 13th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Norm

Thanks Keith for the info.
I previously searched the hotels that were listed and found most to be
quite expensive. The other problem was that they were mostly full on a
Friday night in October.
I think I will stick with the Vagabond Inn in Santa Clara.
Thanks again
Norm

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Norm wrote:
I previously searched the hotels that were listed and found most to be
quite expensive. The other problem was that they were mostly full on a
Friday night in October.
I think I will stick with the Vagabond Inn in Santa Clara.

Are you just going to Monterey for one day, or had you planned to
spend two days (Friday and Saturday) there? Commuting from Santa
Clara isn't an ideal option if you're planning two days of exploring
that area.

What price range are you looking for?

Patty

Old July 13th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Norm

Thanks Patty for your email.

We will be going onto Monterey-Carmel for a 10 days stay and we have
accomodations. However, we have this one day on a Friday night where we
need to stay somewhere that is not too far from Monterey, that is why I
picked Santa Clara. We will be landing in San Francisco the night before
and will be staying close to the airport.

If you have any other suggestions, I would more than welcome them.

Thanks again
Norm & Lily
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Old July 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Norm" wrote in message
Thanks Keith for the info.
I previously searched the hotels that were listed and found most to be
quite expensive. The other problem was that they were mostly full on a
Friday night in October.
I think I will stick with the Vagabond Inn in Santa Clara.
Thanks again
Norm

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

--

Those listed are just the chains, there are a bunch of mom and pop
outfits that are cheaper but you'll need to look em up in yellow pages

Keith

Old July 13th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Norm

Thanks Keith

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Old July 14th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Patty Winter

In article ,
Norm wrote:

We will be going onto Monterey-Carmel for a 10 days stay and we have
accomodations. However, we have this one day on a Friday night where we
need to stay somewhere that is not too far from Monterey, that is why I
picked Santa Clara. We will be landing in San Francisco the night before
and will be staying close to the airport.

So you're arriving Thursday and staying near SFO, then you need
someplace to stay on Friday night before you head to Monterey
for 10 days? Just trying to get a handle on what your plans are
for Friday.

If you intend to explore the area between South San Francisco
and San Jose (e.g. Stanford University, our beautiful parks up
in the Santa Cruz Mountains, etc.), then staying in Santa Clara
could make sense. But if you have nothing planned for the South
Bay, then you'd be better off heading further towards Monterey
on Friday. Maybe you could spend the day in Santa Cruz, on the
beach and at the Boardwalk, and spend the night in that area.

If you're a Steinbeck fan, you could go to the Steinbeck Center
and spend the night in Salinas. There should be plenty of low-
cost motels in that area along the Highway 101 corridor.

Patty

Old July 14th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Norm

Thanks Patty:
You just about hit the nail on the head. You mention beautiful parks in
the Santa Clara area. Perhaps, you could enlighten me.
This would interest us particularly that my wife is an artist and is
always on the lookout for unique places to draw and paint.
Thanks again
Norm

Norm
Editor
Sketchandtravel.com

Old July 14th, 2005, 07:29 AM
John Ramsay

Norm Goldman wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to inexpensive accomodations that would
be about 1/2 drive from Monterey-Carmel.
I will be visiting the area in October. The accomodations for the Monterey
area seem to be very expensive.

Motel6 in Salinas. We stayed there 3 years ago.

By far the cheapest in the area. A bit spartan
but clean and convenient.