Alaska Cruise

Old January 31st, 2007, 11:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Alaska Cruise

"Charles" wrote in message
d...

But it doesn't say if the pea soup on HAL has pork or sausage. If it is
as described in the article then that sounds like it could be good. But
if the split pea soup on HAL is the kind usually served in the US, a
bland tasting green concoction all pea and no other ingredients comes
to mind, then I don't think that feature would swing me to HAL.

Charles, the consistency of the soup was not thick but it did have small
pieces of ham or sausage in it...Still not requiring a spoon. Those of us
with teeth could handle it fine! vbg

--Jean

Old February 1st, 2007, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Charles wrote:
In article , Rosalie B.
wrote:

This is from Wikipedia

Erwtensoep, is a form of green split-pea soup emblematic of Dutch
cuisine. Traditionally eaten in winter, erwtensoep has a very thick
consistency, often includes pork and sausage, and is almost a stew
rather than a soup. One source says "You should be able to stand a
spoon upright in a good pea soup."

But it doesn't say if the pea soup on HAL has pork or sausage. If it is
as described in the article then that sounds like it could be good. But
if the split pea soup on HAL is the kind usually served in the US, a
bland tasting green concoction all pea and no other ingredients comes
to mind, then I don't think that feature would swing me to HAL.

The HAL split pea was pretty tasty I have to say. I think it did have
chunks of "meat" in it too, lol.....

Jeff
Old February 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

i'm with you charles!!
sheree

"Charles" wrote in message