Hurricane Frances Updates!

Old September 2nd, 2004, 12:58 AM
clint

I think you all are being a bit "melodramatic!"
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message

Ebbtide wrote:

We are ON the beach - Ormond by the Sea.(Volusia) Beautiful calm, but

hot
day. 'Charley' did a job here, but not nearly what he did in SW FL. Our
residents are afraid. Schools and public offices have closed and

evacuation
is elective at this point. We are leaving in the a.m.

Glad you are leaving, hope you stay safe!

sue

Old September 2nd, 2004, 01:08 AM
Ebbtide

Thanks, plan to take secondary roads and not 1-95.

"villa deauville" wrote in message
Joyce
Take care. Hope traffic is not too heavy going north.
Schools, banks, etc closing tomorrow 12p.m
Sue, as soon as we are able I will let you know how we weathered it.
Thanks to all for their concern

SUNNY

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Ray Goldenberg

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Royal Caribbean\Celebrity and thought
it would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

September 1, 2004 - Hurricane Frances Update - 6:30 p.m

MIAMI -- September 1, 2004 -- 6:30 p.m. -- Royal Caribbean
International and Celebrity Cruises are closely monitoring the path
and progress of Hurricane Frances to ensure our guests enjoy safe and
comfortable cruises and to make certain our ships steer clear of the
storm.

The safety and comfort of our guests are always the foremost concern
of Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises.

We will update our Hurricane Frances information three times daily as
the storm approaches – at 9:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Given
Hurricane Frances’ current and projected path, we are currently
altering the itineraries of six Royal Caribbean International ships
and of no Celebrity Cruises ships:

Royal Caribbean International

Grandeur of the Seas will reverse its itinerary for its August 29
sailing. On Tuesday, it will call in Nassau, Bahamas, and on
Wednesday, it will call at Freeport, Bahamas. The ship will not make
its normal port call at Port Canaveral, Florida, on Thursday. Instead,
it will make a port call in Charleston, South Carolina, on Thursday.
Navigator of the Seas will not make its normal port calls at St.
Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, on Tuesday, San Juan, Puerto Rico, on
Wednesday, and Labadee, Hispaniola, on Thursday. Instead, the ship
will make a port calls at St. John, Antigua, on Tuesday, St. Thomas,
U.S. Virgin Islands, on Wednesday, and remain at sea on Thursday.
Adventure of the Seas will not make its normal port call at
Philipsburg, St. Maarten, on Tuesday. Instead, the ship will spend
Tuesday at sea and make a port call at Philipsburg, St Maarten, on
Saturday.
Majesty of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Coco Cay,
Bahamas, on Wednesday. Instead, the ship will make a port call at
Freeport, Bahamas, on Wednesday.
Majesty of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Key West,
Florida, on Thursday. Instead, the ship will end its current cruise
one day earlier than normal, returning to the Port of Miami on
Thursday morning at approximately 7 a.m.
Sovereign of the Seas will end its current cruise one day earlier than
normal, returning to Port Canaveral on Thursday at approximately noon.
Voyager of the Seas will not make its normal port call at Freeport,
Bahamas, on Friday. Instead, the ship will make a port call at Montego
Bay, Jamaica, on Thursday, and spend the day at sea on Friday.

Celebrity Cruises

At this time, all Celebrity Cruises ships are sailing their normal
itineraries.

We will continue to closely monitor the storm and update this
information at 9:30 a.m. Thursday.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

villa deauville wrote:

Sue, as soon as we are able I will let you know how we weathered it.

Make sure you do!!

sue

Old September 2nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
jcoulter

"clint" wrote in
news
Chicken!

That is easily the most most uncalledfor piece of crap in internet history.
Prudences is not cowardice. I just had to give my daughter the choice of
coming here to FL for a crappy weekend or sending her home to Portland. she
is going back, am I happy no, did she make the right decision, yes.

Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:04 AM
Jim

That is stupid advice! This is a strong Cat 4 storm that is huge, more than
three times the size of Charley and much stronger. I have no problem riding
out a Cat 2 in my home as I am not in a flood prone area and ina sturdy home
but if it looks like the wind that will hit us are over 110MPH we are out of
here and everyone else with a brain is leaving or going to a concrete
shelter. We may well not even have a home left after this strong storm. Many
in the Bahamas will be losing their homes and some their lives tomorrow and
Friday
Jim

"FeAudrey" wrote in message
m...
In article , says...

Glad you are leaving, hope you stay safe!

Keep in mind that the mandatory evacuation for Charley missed the places

the
hurricane actually hit, and hit the places it missed, putting the Tampa

area
evacuees into, rather than out of, Charley's path.

If you are not on the water, and your home is reasonably sturdily built,

you
may be better off staying put (and doing the recommended hurricane

preparation
stuff, of course).

(I know ought to be saying stuff like, "I hope you guys are OK".

What I'm really thinking is more like "I'm trying to remember the last

time
there was a mandatory evacuation, and the hurricane actually hit, and in

the
place evacuated.".

As a child at our (New Jersey) seaside home, I happily sat out many a

candlelit
storm, playing in the salty floodwaters afterwards.)

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,

too)!
http://pages.prodigy.net/feaudrey