Hurricane Frances Updates!

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Lunyma

Interesting that Carnival is giving $100 pp on board credit, plus 50% refund
AND 50% on a future cruise for their shortened cruises, but Princess only
does the $100 on board credit and 50% refund with NO future cruise credit.
Yet Carnival owns Princess.

And Royal Caribbean is giving only shipboard credit, some smaller future
discounts, and NO refunds for the people sailing on shortened cruises...

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Lunyma

Looking at all the packages offered, at appears that Royal
Caribbean/Celebrity are the most generous.

If you wanna spend $500 on the ship!

Old September 4th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Lunyma

Old September 4th, 2004, 10:14 PM
E.k.R.

"Lunyma" wrote in message
If you wanna spend $500 on the ship!

Not hard to do. A few spa treatments, tips, drinks, some gift shop items,
maybe a shore excursion, etc. Cruise lines make it VERY easy to spend $500.
In fact I can't think of the last cruise I went on where I didn't spend at
least $500, except Silversea where everything was included.

Ernie

Old September 4th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Lunyma

Not hard to do. A few spa treatments, tips, drinks, some gift shop items,
maybe a shore excursion, etc. Cruise lines make it VERY easy to spend $500.
In fact I can't think of the last cruise I went on where I didn't spend at
least $500, except Silversea where everything was included.

I agree... to an extent... Yes, I could easily spend that $500 shipboard
credit,but would prefer that amount in the form of a refund. I know that Royal
Caribbean, as well as the other cruiselines are gonna take a big hit on this,
but if you lose 2 or more days of a cruise, I'd rather get the cash, than the
credit... In the long run, with the credits... RCI is gonna do ok...

Old September 4th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Jim

Don't worry about it Greg. This spammer will do just about anything to get
his name and the name of his one man Travel Agency out there so expect
useless replies and repeats of his 'messages' that make sure he includes his
tag line and often references to how well his clients are taken care of and
how many he has..
Jim

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message
"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:40:50 GMT, "Gregory C. Read"
wrote:

Princess only
does the $100 on board credit and 50% refund with NO future cruise

credit.
Yet Carnival owns Princess.

Hi Greg,

As a matter of clarification, Princess is offering full credit or a
full refund if you decide to cancel. They are now offering a 50%
refund AND a $100 per person onboard credit for their shortened
cruise. They are also paying fees for any additional charges by the
airlines. Most, if not all airlines have waived their fees.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

As a matter of clarification, I was pointing out the one difference that
Princess is NOT offering a future cruise credit if you sail on the

shortened
cruise. I did say they are offering a 50% refund AND $100 pp obc.

Original Post follows:
"

--
Greg
lid

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Lunyma wrote:

Interesting that Carnival is giving $100 pp on board credit, plus 50% refund
AND 50% on a future cruise for their shortened cruises, but Princess only
does the $100 on board credit and 50% refund with NO future cruise credit.
Yet Carnival owns Princess.

And Royal Caribbean is giving only shipboard credit, some smaller future
discounts, and NO refunds for the people sailing on shortened cruises...

Royal Caribbean is allowing passengers to stay on the ships as they
take them out to sea and are not charging the passengers for the
cruise away from the storm.

sue