Resorts in Australia

Old December 27th, 2006, 01:16 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Resorts in Australia

Hello,
We are planning our honeymoon in Australia in April-May 2007. We will
be doing some travelling around and then would like to spend one week
in a resort on the Great Barrier. We are looking for a nice resort,
small island, quiet place, with a diving club. Green island is said to
be a "day trip" island, Hayman seems big with lots of people... Could
anyone advice us on a nice place to stay? My boyfriend dives so it is
important that there is a good diving club. For information, we went to
the Maldives (Ari Beach) a few years ago and are looking for this type
of place. Any help or advices would be good. Thank you all !

Old December 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Ross[_3_]

Go to this web site :

http://www.google.com.au

Type in "Island Resort" (parenthesis not required) select "Pages from
Australia" and press "Enter" or click "Search"

I guarantee you will get more information about Island Resorts than any
question on this NG.

One Island Resort that may not come up in that search is this one:

http://www.lizardisland.com.au/

Probably the most exclusive of them all even if it is rather expensive.

Ross

oups.com...

Old December 28th, 2006, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Julie

Another Island that is worth a look is Heron Island.
http://www.heronisland.com/

Julie

Old December 30th, 2006, 10:35 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Turan Fettahoglu

Yes, Heron Island is wonderful. It is an island on the reef. Very
isolated and kiw key. It's a bit expensive, but worth every penny.

What about Lady Elliot Island (the southernmost island on the reef)? It is
larger than Heron Island, not quite as expensive and has several dive sites
near the beach.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 10:59 PM posted to aus.sport.scuba,rec.travel.australia+nz
underwater

Peter Webb wrote:

Cross-posted to aus.sport.scuba

Hello,
We are planning our honeymoon in Australia in April-May 2007. We will
be doing some travelling around and then would like to spend one week
in a resort on the Great Barrier. We are looking for a nice resort,
small island, quiet place, with a diving club. Green island is said to
be a "day trip" island, Hayman seems big with lots of people... Could
anyone advice us on a nice place to stay? My boyfriend dives so it is
important that there is a good diving club. For information, we went to
the Maldives (Ari Beach) a few years ago and are looking for this type
of place. Any help or advices would be good. Thank you all !

What about Lady Elliot Island - a great resort on the southern GBR. See
a story we wrote recently for underwater.com.au

http://www.underwater.com.au/article.php/id/6460/

Hope that helps

Cheers

Tim

Old January 5th, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to aus.sport.scuba,rec.travel.australia+nz
Peter Webb

"underwater" wrote in message
ups.com...

Peter Webb wrote:

[...]

Ive been to Lady Elliott Island. I was actually arrested on Xmas eve 1983 (I
think) on touchdown at Bundy airport after flying off Lady Elliott after a
special low level flight to prevent the bends, but that's another long
story.

Lady Elliott certainly fits the profile of: "small island, quiet place, with
a diving club."! Its got all that, plus bird****. They are on their
honeymoon from the US. She doesn't dive. If she thinks that a black guy is
going to bring her a mango pina colada to drink in the pool while hubby is
off diving, she will be disappointed in Lady Elliott.