Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

Old January 18th, 2007, 05:52 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Al Dykes

Default Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

In article ,
LarsensAttack BayonetVariation.net wrote:

Al Dykes wrote:
In article ,
LarsensAttack BayonetVariation.net wrote:

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

01/17/2007

Results 1-5 of about 31 for 'Al-Qaeda-terrorists-are-fleeing-Baghdad'
(0.05 seconds)Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

If Congress kept their mouth shut they wouldn't have had time to
leave.

"Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad in advance of President
Bush's 21,500-man troop surge, according to a senior military
intelligence officer today. Under orders from the al Qaeda commander in
Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, fighters are streaming toward the Diyala
region of Iraq....The apparent evacuation of Baghdad by al Qaeda forces
comes from direct orders issued by al-Masri, the former soldier who
took control of the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda following the June 2006
bombing death of Zarqawi.

Initially, the Baghdad-based AQ fighters did not want to leave.
Al-Masri had to send unequivocal orders for their retreat, adding that
one of the lessons from the Fallujah campaign was that Americans have
learned how to prevail in house-to-house fighting. Masri said that
remaining in Baghdad was a 'no-win situation' for the
terrorists......

......"In more than ten years of reading al Qaeda intercepts, I've
never seen language like this," the intelligence officer said.
Usually, al Qaeda communications are full of bravado and false
confidence, he added.....

I doubt that they even have a full Al Qaeda ORBAT.
They didn't have one before 911, and there's no reason
to assume they have one now.

Besides, any idea how many AQ clones have sprung up since 911?
Loads.

Also, since AQ are Sunni, why wouldn't other Sunni irregular
units want to use them to fight a common enemy?

Because family and tribe are as important as the Sunni/Shiia
breakdown. The AQ fighters come from all over the Islamic world and
are tolerated just as long as there is an enemy to unify them with the
locals. In Iraq, we are the occupiers and all fighters are welcome
until we leave.

So AQ will be welcome for 20 years or so.

This happened in Afghanistan. The Pashtun tolerated them only long
enough to kick the Russians out.

In Somilia the "foreign fighters" are only just tolerated.

But they are tolerated.

Just as long as there is an external threat, especially from a
Crusader.

Iraqis, Afghanistan's, and seemingly, Somali's (sp) ALL reject being
occupied by foreigners or ruled by anyone from elsewhere.

Family, then tribe, country, and religion seem to be the priority in
Arab, Persian, and Pashtun parts of the planet.

The "foreign fighters" were NOT liked after the Russians left.

In that part of the world, "not liked" is a euphemism for "dead or
gone".

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Harrison for Congress in NY 13CD www.harrison06.com
Old January 18th, 2007, 06:19 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
ps.com...

snip
Jan. 15, 2007
By Andrea Wolf
MediaNews

A Vallejo man was severely burned after an apparent cell phone
malfunction ignited his pants pocket and touched off a fire in his
hotel room.

Luis Picaso, 59, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 50
percent of his body and is in critical condition at UC-Davis Medical
Center.

Vallejo firefighters arrived at Picaso's room late Saturday night at a
residential hotel at 419 Georgia St., to find the sprinkler system
containing the fire and Picaso lying on the bathroom floor.

``It seems like this was just an accident,'' Bill Tweedy, fire
department spokesman, said. ``Maybe the power button was depressed for
a long time while in his pocket or there was some sort of short circuit
in the phone.''

Picaso's misfortune escalated because he was wearing flammable
polyester and nylon clothes and sitting in a plastic chair when the
fire began in his pocket.

``His clothes were pretty much made out of a petroleum product and when
the chair ignited it became like melted gasoline and continued to fuel
itself,'' Tweedy said.

Tweedy would not reveal the brand of Picaso's phone but said that he
did not think the fire was connected to a specific company's products.

This is not the first incident of a phone catching fire. In June 2004,
a 16-year-old girl in Ontario, Calif., received small second-degree
burns when her phone combusted in her back pocket. There also have been
instances in South Carolina, Philadelphia, Beijing, Amsterdam and
Finland in recent years.

Old January 18th, 2007, 06:48 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

And if our intelligence (sic) was really this good the war would have
been over three years ago.

Old January 18th, 2007, 07:00 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Al Dykes

In article .com,
wrote:
And if our intelligence (sic) was really this good the war would have
been over three years ago.

The war worked great. It was the peace (aka occupation) that Bush has
screwed up royally. When our sons are dying at the rate of three a
day, "major combt opoerations" are NOT over.

I actually think the peace is the fault or Rummy and Cheney. The war
was Bush's fault.

I was against the invasion, but I assumed, once it started, that we
would be done and out quickly and Bush would have a legit feather in
his cap.

Cheney and Rummy ****ed that up. This war is going to cost our
children a trillion bucks and we will be living with thousands of
maimed vets for decades.

Old January 18th, 2007, 08:54 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
John of Aix

PJ O'Donovan wrote:
01/17/2007

Results 1-5 of about 31 for 'Al-Qaeda-terrorists-are-fleeing-Baghdad'
(0.05 seconds)Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

Erm what 'al Qaeda terrorists' would they be then. Surely not the ones
with the WMDs and the yellowcake uranium?

Go away ****wit, Your president is an idiot, your foreign policy a
blight on humanity and your action in Iraq illegal and murderous. You
are scum to even give a semblance of support to such blatant war crimes.

Old January 18th, 2007, 10:48 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

John of Aix wrote:
PJ O'Donovan wrote:
01/17/2007

Results 1-5 of about 31 for 'Al-Qaeda-terrorists-are-fleeing-Baghdad'
(0.05 seconds)Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

Erm what 'al Qaeda terrorists' would they be then. Surely not the ones
with the WMDs and the yellowcake uranium?

They are probably the Sunni suicide bombers.
I hardly think they are running away out of fear.
And I doubt that's there's more than a few dozen of them who aren't
cannon fodder.

Go away ****wit, Your president is an idiot, your foreign policy a
blight on humanity and your action in Iraq illegal and murderous. You
are scum to even give a semblance of support to such blatant war crimes.

Look on the bright side.
Now that AQ is out of the way the Americans can severely **** off the
Shia majority by fighting their way into Sadr city and getting them to
join in the "lets all kill Americans" fun.

I imagine the fun will escalate to the point where the Democratically
Elected Iraqi Government (ie the Shias) tell the US to leave, shortly
before setting up an Islamic Republic just like Iran.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK's only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Old January 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Praetorian

"jb" wrote in message
.uk...

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
ps.com...

01/17/2007

Results 1-5 of about 31 for 'Al-Qaeda-terrorists-are-fleeing-Baghdad'
(0.05 seconds)Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

If Congress kept their mouth shut they wouldn't have had time to
leave.

It doesn't matter, the brave US Maureens will still shell and bomb the
place
into smitherreens.
Pity they couldn't do it in Somalia.

Yeah, blame Bill and Hilary for that. They wouldn't allow the use of
AC130's. Could have saved a whole lot of US and Somali lives if they could
have had that sort of firepower available.

--
Insert witty saying here.

Old January 19th, 2007, 12:17 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Al Dykes

In article ,
Praetorian wrote:
"jb" wrote in message
o.uk...

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
ps.com...

01/17/2007

Results 1-5 of about 31 for 'Al-Qaeda-terrorists-are-fleeing-Baghdad'
(0.05 seconds)Al Qaeda terrorists are fleeing Baghdad

If Congress kept their mouth shut they wouldn't have had time to
leave.

It doesn't matter, the brave US Maureens will still shell and bomb the
place
into smitherreens.
Pity they couldn't do it in Somalia.

Yeah, blame Bill and Hilary for that. They wouldn't allow the use of
AC130's. Could have saved a whole lot of US and Somali lives if they could
have had that sort of firepower available.

Clinton's SecDef took blame for not insisting on more equipment in
Somalia. He resigned.

Rummy should have had that much class in, say July 2005, when Iraq
when into the toilet for not enough occupying troops and the
consequential deaths of our kids.

Rummy had his own "Somolia "in Afghanistan. There was a ****up where
a bunch of SpecOps people got in deep **** on a mountaintop and the
commander wanted helios and artillery to get them out. SpecOps troops
died, unnecessarily.

Rummy had limited the helos in Afganistan to a small number and had
nearly zero artillery, which the commanders on the ground wanted. He
also set up a parallel command chain that confused the decisionmaking
on that bad day.

The story is told in _Not a Good Day to Die: The Untold Story of
Operation Anaconda_ by Naylor.

Highly recommended.

Rummy should have resigned when we found out that he, or someone under
him lied about how Tillman, the football player, died in Afghanistan.

This administration has been one outrage after another
another when kept us from taking the time for exacting justice
for each one as it came along.

There will be a special place in hell for Rummy. I hope he sleeps well.