Europe by Train

Old April 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT

Default Europe by Train

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:59:03 +0100, "JohnT" wrote:

"RAK" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:30:54 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

"Philip Meech" wrote in message
news_0Wh.11991$uF1.2021@trndny04...
Any suggestions to augment the Orient Express (Paris to Istanbul) ?

In case Magda and Martin's suggestions are not enough for you....
try www.seat61.com especially the Europe page
http://www.seat61.com/Europe.htm and this on what's left of the Orient
Express http://www.seat61.com/OrientExpress.htm

A travel expert!

How and where do you obtain an Oyster Card?

Can they be obtained at City Airport and Euston?

Answer needed by two people in the next hour.
--

You can buy them at all railway stations I think, also many newspaper
shops etc, ones with a blue Oyster sign in the window. Probably

Free Oyster Card for UK residents:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/oy...ne/freeoyster/

It gives me an almost blank screen, zero information.

There should be a "Click Here to Sign Up".

JohnT

Old April 21st, 2007, 01:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:57 +0100, "JohnT" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:59:03 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"RAK" wrote in message
om...

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

Not with Firefox.
--

I did it with Firefox 2 today, it worked OK here.

Old April 21st, 2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:46:57 +0100, "JohnT" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:59:03 +0100, "JohnT"
wrote:

"RAK" wrote in message
om...

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you were trying from outside the UK? The website now seems retricted
to the new offer of free cards which is restricted to UK residents. Maybe
they are blocking access to that page from non UK ISPs.

Old April 21st, 2007, 01:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:30:43 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:30:54 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

"Philip Meech" wrote in message
news_0Wh.11991$uF1.2021@trndny04...
Any suggestions to augment the Orient Express (Paris to Istanbul) ?

In case Magda and Martin's suggestions are not enough for you....
try www.seat61.com especially the Europe page
http://www.seat61.com/Europe.htm and this on what's left of the Orient
Express http://www.seat61.com/OrientExpress.htm

A travel expert!

How and where do you obtain an Oyster Card?

Can they be obtained at City Airport and Euston?

Answer needed by two people in the next hour.
--

You can buy them at all railway stations I think,

According to the website, for what it's worth some stations, which don't
include
Paddington.

I meant to say tube stations not railway stations, sorry.
The website says:
a.. At the Oyster website
b.. At most Tube station ticket offices
c.. At over 2,200 Oyster Ticket Stops across London
d.. At some National Rail ticket offices
e.. At eight London Travel Information Centres
f.. By phone on 0845 330 9876*
Getting them from the website may now be blocked to UK ISPs only.
I got mine from a local shop, just a local newspaper shop in a small
shopping street.
I think most shopping area have at least one shop selling TFL tickets &
Oyster cards with a machine to recharge Oyster cards.

Old April 21st, 2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:51:24 +0100, "RAK"
wrote:

Free Oyster Card for UK residents:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/oy...ne/freeoyster/

It gives me an almost blank screen, zero information.

There should be a "Click Here to Sign Up".

Not with Firefox.
--

Maybe you were trying from outside the UK? The website now seems retricted
to the new offer of free cards which is restricted to UK residents. Maybe
they are blocking access to that page from non UK ISPs.

It came up fine here in Aerizona a few minutes ago.

Firefox 2.0.0.3

Old April 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge1

Notice how many times martin is the last poster on threads...trying
desesperately to revive them

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de news:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 01:55:04 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 18:30:43 +0100, "RAK" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Somewhere under "visitors" there is a link to where an overseas visitor
can
order one online.

Old April 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom Peel

Gregory Morrow wrote:
Magda wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:55:31 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, Philip Meech

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Any suggestions to augment the Orient Express (Paris to Istanbul) ?

Add more carriages?

Or the old Soviet - era Aeroflot advert slogan:

"Fly By Air"

A smile, a prayer
Fly Krasnoyarsk Air
T.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2007-04-20 05:55:31 -0500, Philip Meech said:

Any suggestions to augment the Orient Express (Paris to Istanbul) ?

Well I just came from two weeks in Istanbul and I think my web page
from my trip could be really helpful in figuring out what to do there.

http://homepage.mac.com/stepheda/Ist...7/Menu282.html
--
Dan Stephenson
Photos, movies, panos from the Europe, USA, plus N.Z.:

(remove nospam from email address to reply via email)