Thailand

Old May 1st, 2007, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chuck[_3_]

Default Thailand

My daughter and her male companion have a vacation booked to Thailand in
August. They are both students.

With the following cities in mind Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phuket

Can anyone give any pointers as where to Visit, Stay, travel from city to
city etc.

Are there Bed & Breakfasts there?

Any advisories due to the military government there right now?

Thanks

Chuck

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected] ascklee@gmail.com is offline
Banned

Dear Chuck:

Some photos of hotels and tourist sites in Thailand (including hotels
in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rat) are available at:

http://www.snaptheroom.com/

(Scroll down the page a little.)

Photos of hotels in Singapore are availble from
http://www.snaptheroom.com/Singapore/Singapore.html if they're making
a stop over.

And some more at: http://kedaikopi.com/foto

Sincerely,
Mr. Free Notes

Old May 1st, 2007, 09:44 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Frank

no hassle during the miltary coup last year!

some pics:

http://tvc15.blogs.com/photos/archit...kok/index.html
http://tvc15.blogs.com/photos/bangkok_2005/index.html
http://tvc15.blogs.com/photos/thaid_up/index.html

bye

frank

http://tvc15.blogs.com/

Old May 1st, 2007, 12:38 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
says...
My daughter and her male companion have a vacation booked to Thailand in
August. They are both students.

With the following cities in mind Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phuket

Can anyone give any pointers as where to Visit, Stay, travel from city to
city etc.

My site has some photos of Thailand (it covers the major places). Travel
is cheap - bus trips are very cheap, flights are very affordable. The
cheapest flights are probably from
www.airasia.com, if you book in
advance.

Are there Bed & Breakfasts there?

Not really. The hotels are very cheap, so it would not make sense to
stay in a B&B even if there were such places.

Any advisories due to the military government there right now?

Nothing... it's business as usual and the Thais are very friendly. By
the way, it was a bloodless coup.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 1st, 2007, 12:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Jan[_1_]

Chuck wrote:
My daughter and her male companion have a vacation booked to Thailand
in August. They are both students.

With the following cities in mind Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phuket

Can anyone give any pointers as where to Visit, Stay, travel from
city to city etc.

Are there Bed & Breakfasts there?

Any advisories due to the military government there right now?

Thanks

Chuck

In Chiang Mai we stayed here,very laid back, it's a great base for trips
out. www.julieguesthouse.com. good source of travel nformation.
We then went on to Chiang Rai ( As Cities /towns go, we preferred CR to CM)
and stayed at Akha River House,
http://www.akha.info/aboutakha%20river%20house.htm . They also have a guest
house in the hills, which if we'd had more time, we would definitely have
visited.
Jan

Old May 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Apr 30, 5:11 pm, "Chuck" wrote:
My daughter and her male companion have a vacation booked to Thailand in
August. They are both students.

With the following cities in mind Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phuket

Can anyone give any pointers as where to Visit, Stay, travel from city to
city etc.

Are there Bed & Breakfasts there?

Any advisories due to the military government there right now?

Thanks

Chuck

Don't help anyone they meet casually carry stuff from the country.
Don't accept gifts that to take outside the country.

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:36 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Thomas Endt

"Chuck" schrieb

My daughter and her male companion have a vacation booked to Thailand in
August. They are both students.
With the following cities in mind Bangkok, Chang Mai, Phuket
Can anyone give any pointers as where to Visit, Stay, travel from city
to city etc.

Since they are both students, they probably don't mind travelling on a
small budget, therefore I advise to buy a guidebook (e.g. Lonely Planet,
Rough Guide or something similar). Most guidebooks give advice on
accommodation, traveling around, places to see etc....

The options for travelling around in Thailand are plenty. Taxi, Bus,
Train, Airplane.
If they have time, take the train for longer distances.
If they don't have much time, they need to spend a little more on flight
tickets. Either Bangkok - Phuket or Chiang Mai - Phuket would be
candidates for this.

Any advisories due to the military government there right now?

Nothing to worry about.

hth, cu, tmo!

Old May 1st, 2007, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Markku Grönroos

"Thomas Endt" kirjoitti

If they have time, take the train for longer distances.

And what trains don't cover they can supplement by coaches.

Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:42 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected] ascklee@gmail.com is offline
Banned

Dear Chuck:

I've scanned into PDF and uploaded an article from a local magazine
about Phuket to http://www.snaptheroom.com/Thailand/Phuket.PDF. It's
a pretty big file (~5 MB) as I scanned in colour.

Pretty good source of information about the attractions, day tours,
Clib Med, etc.

It's a very recent article and you might find the information useful.

Sincerely,
Mr. Free Notes
http://www.KedaiKopi.com/