Last minute pricing

Old December 18th, 2009, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Last minute pricing

On Dec 17, 10:30�pm, Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 06:13:14 -0600, George Leppla

wrote:
Princess makes the best use of Past Passenger data bases (IMO) when it
comes to offering good last minute deals. �There was one last week for a
7 night Southern Caribbean cruise for $299 inside. �Problem is that the
ad came out 5 days before sail date and airfare to SJU was either
non-existent or incredibly expensive. (FWIW - that was the lowest 7
night fare I have seen this year)

There was a rumor on the Norwegian Gen transatlantic that some people
had gotten last minute pricing of $200/pp. �That was for travel industry
employees only. �I didn't talk to anyone who had actually gotten that
fare.

Is pricing for travel agents ordinarily really good?, or does it just
vary all over?

BTW, people on cruise critic were watching the fares and cabin
availability, and very few cabins could have been available at the rate.

We agents rarely get them sometimes there is $50 a day plus tax, the
$200 ones are if your doing a Seminar at sea and they are few and far
this is through our DSM's it is actually paying the grats and taxes-
But we should get those it is a week of learning onboard and being
able to come back and tell all of you. kinda like george and I going
on the Oasis Someone else went too and I forgot, But to be honest with
you If you book Oasis you better book with a agent that went on
there, this is needed for this ship because there is alot of different
staterooms and different people need different things and this is the
one ship that you could sell to someone and they get their room and
not be happy- YOU NEED TO KNOW the CLIENT. and to book on your own is
a gamble because there is alot of fluff and sugar coat out there, what
looks so much fun on paper could be a disaster of a room!

Carnival also has a pricing for early bookings non refundable deposit
but if the prie goes down they will adjust this is the only way
carnival adjusts.
There are different pricing points Florida Residents get theirs
Certain states may be on a res special, Sr rates etc. some are better
then others. its just a catch 22 many times....

Susie
Cruise Outlets and travel
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Default Last minute pricing, AGAIN!

Type your message here.

Old December 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

I just got back from the Ruby Princess and met lots of passengers who
paid $50 or less per day for balconies, outside and some inside cabins.

The very low prices were all found on internet sites at the last minute.

Many of the pan were cruising back-to-back and some
back-to-back-to-back.

It made me happy to learn that I'm not the only
real frequent cruiser around but I as a bit envious of their low last
minute rates!

When I asked for the name of the internet source of the rates most were
hesitant to reveal
it as they jealously want to protect these deals for themselves as they
sell-out immediately after the e-mail go out.

I had a great time anyway.

Gadget

Old December 20th, 2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Gadget World wrote:
I just got back from the Ruby Princess and met lots of passengers who
paid $50 or less per day for balconies, outside and some inside cabins.

The very low prices were all found on internet sites at the last minute.

Many of the pan were cruising back-to-back and some
back-to-back-to-back.

It made me happy to learn that I'm not the only
real frequent cruiser around but I as a bit envious of their low last
minute rates!

When I asked for the name of the internet source of the rates most were
hesitant to reveal
it as they jealously want to protect these deals for themselves as they
sell-out immediately after the e-mail go out.

I had a great time anyway.

Gadget

Gadget,
Take a look (and comparison shop before your next cruise) at:

http://www.vacationstogo.com/
http://cruises.affordabletours.com/s..._Minute_Deals/
http://www.cruiseone.com/travel/cruises/
http://www.americandiscountcruises.com/index.html
http://cruises.travelzoo.com/
http://www.smartcruiser.co.uk/
Old December 20th, 2009, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

When I asked for the name of the internet source of the rates most
were hesitant to reveal it as they jealously want to protect these
deals for themselves as they sell-out immediately after the e-mail
go out.

Then how would you know they really paid $50 less per day than you? You
can't trust what they say just on say so.

As far as an internet source for last minute Princess deals by e-mail
the source I know of is Princess itself. I got two from Princess a
month. The last one was on November 23 for a ten day Panama Canal
cruise on December 10 with insides starting from $599 a person to
balconies for $895 a person. It is no secret. Just log onto the
Princess web site. If you are not registered, register. Go to Captains
Circle and click on the Standby Program. It will ask you to check on
the ports and the notice you need in advance. Submit that and you
should start getting last minute Princess deals out of the ports you
select.

--
Charles
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Michelle Wilson

i would never ask what other people paid , so rude

Old December 21st, 2009, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:38:24 -0500, Charles
wrote:

Then how would you know they really paid $50 less per day than you? You
can't trust what they say just on say so.

I didn't get the impression that they were paying $50 less than the
original poster paid.

The post included:"I just got back from the Ruby Princess and met lots
of passengers who
paid $50 or less per day for balconies, outside and some inside
cabins."

I take this to mean that the total price they paid was $50 or less per
day.
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gadget
World wrote:

as they jealously want to protect these deals for themselves as they
sell-out immediately after the e-mail go out.

I got an e-mail from Celebrity last night with last minute deals that
have to be booked today. All you have to do is sign up with Celebrity
for their e-mails. Even without the e-mail call any travel agent. They
get the list of Tuesday deals too. For example one deal is sailing date
January 4 on the Century is as low as $219 per person for an inside
cabin. That is a five day RT. from Miami. Another is a seven day
sailing on the Summit for either Jan 16 starting at $399 per person
inside RT from San Juan. Sign up for e-mails with the cruise lines and
you will get e-mails with last minute pricing.

--
Charles
Old December 25th, 2009, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises,misc.writing,alt.religion.kibology,rec.aviation.piloting
Mark[_15_]

Default Last minute pricing/Mark(ie) Trolls The Cruise Newsgruppe !!!

On Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:37:58 -0500, Gezellig wrote:

The goof is everywhere, everywhere I tell you!

That's ok, this only helps me to enhance my new thesis on: DETAILS OF
LIFE AFTER BIRTH: DOES IT EXIST? It's waaaaaaaaay over you head Pointy.

There are many theories on life after birth, most of them just crude
representations of the REALITY concept. First though, we must define
when does life begin? The Baptists say it occurs at the moment of
conception. The Pro-choice movement defines life as having occured once
the baby has left the womb. And the Jewish community offically
recognizes the inception of life at the moment you graduate from
medical school.

Now birth itself traditionally has been acknowledged once a BABY DADDY
is established, or the hospital mails an invoice to the responsible
party. Regardless of who steps forward it remains to be seen if there
is a differentiation between LIFE and EXISTENCE. In my book I speak of
"key indicators" which reveal the existence of life or nonlife after
birth. For example, we can look to the thread count of one's sheets, or
if they drink wine from a bottle, or...a box. Do they watch PBS or
wrestling? Etc...

(to be continued...LIFE AFTER BIRTH?)
--
Mark inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.