Carnival NEEDs Your Social Security Number? NOT!

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Cruising Chrissy

Default Carnival NEEDs Your Social Security Number? NOT!

Form another source came this comment.

Sorry, but this corporate giant is once again creating rules that are
plain stupid. Under the disguise of the APIS and the Border Security
Act, after 11/25, guests and/or their agents must fill out an
electronic form prior to guest arriving to port or possibly be denied
boarding. (Of course, we know all folks in the world have computers so
this should not be a problem.) Irritation #2, Carnival is requiring on
this e-form social security numbers be filled out electronically on
their pseudo-secure website, again with the threat of denial of
boarding if said information is not provided for electronically. Does
anyone get a bit peaved that Carnival can require this information,
enough information for a hack to really do damage to a person's
identity should the information get into the wrong hands? Granted
immigration should have access to this info, on the day of
embarkation, but Carnival Cruise lines, several months in advance of
sailing? "

According to Bob Dickinson who has been quoted as saying:

"You are right, Social Security numbers are not required by the
Department of Homeland Security. Although we request this information
(currently on our boarding pass form and on our embarkation portal in
the future) it is strictly an optional data field. Social Security
numbers act as unique identifiers that help us to better track our
guests. Certainly, guests do not have to relinquish this information
if they prefer not to. Rest assured, though, that we fully value the
confidentiality of this information once it is given to us. "

The Not So Fine Art Of Google - Go To Top Of Thread
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E29A321E6
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Gordon

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message
[...]

I just filled out my boarding pass on-line this week for my upcoming cruise
and I left the SS blank and had no problems. It is there but does not have
to be filled out.

Gordon

Old February 18th, 2004, 08:08 PM
HDawson228

Not worried in the least.
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:11 PM
OcnGypZ

Princess had that for years.

I've never filled it out.. either Princess.. or Carnival.

No problem.

Babette
Old February 18th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Cruising Chrissy

You're an idiot. Read the post you ****ing moron.

CC
==================

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:50:47 -0800, "Jim"
wrote:

Gordon is correct and guess who is wrong again. G Thanks for setting the
record straight Gordon so that others will not believe this trash this thing
is putting out. When someone quotes what this person says I am reminded why
I have it killfiled and do not see these foolish rantings. Almost have to
wonder what else it has said....naw, not interested enough to take it out of
the killfile. G
Jim

news

Old February 18th, 2004, 11:35 PM
HDawson228

Why so foul mouthed? I'm sure your parents TRIED to teach you better.

Old February 19th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 04:13:24 +0100 (CET), "privacy.at Anonymous
Remailer" wrote:

Gordon is correct and guess who is wrong again. G Thanks for
setting the record straight Gordon so that others will not believe
this trash this thing is putting out. When someone quotes what this
person says I am reminded why I have it killfiled and do not see
these foolish rantings. Almost have to wonder what else it has
said....naw, not interested enough to take it out of the killfile. G
Jim

What a blowhard piece of **** you are. Why don't you explain to this
news group how you got canned as a police officer because you thought
you knew it all. You were even too stupid to ride a motorcycle as a
cop, so your careless injuries now have the state paying your pension.

Well, that was interesting.

Old February 19th, 2004, 03:52 AM

Ahh, yes ...Another step towards creating a vast network where
everyone's finger prints and retinal scans will be kept on file.
...Just too..Ahem.. government psychological control mode on ...
Ensure someone doesn't try to assume your identity after acquiring your
SSN..
It appears Orwell's 1984 is proving itself to be quite accurate. ...
Just a few years premature. ....Good thing all those Soldiers fought
and died for our freedom back in the 40s. ...Jon

Old February 19th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Bill Lawrence123

Why so foul mouthed? I'm sure your parents TRIED to teach you better.

It would appear that CC is as reliable as Matt Drudge if you know what I am
saying. Nothing to say but damn well gonna say it anyway. I'll bet you Mr.
Chrissy must be damned proud to be seen in public with her and her mouth.