Nairobi, Mombasa, Malindi and Lamu. By land, sea or air!

Old December 31st, 2003, 05:08 AM
Jeff

Default Nairobi, Mombasa, Malindi and Lamu. By land, sea or air!

Jeff,
I`ve found a link for you to check out, which includes an email contact
so that you can get more information. Even if it`s not what you are
looking for you can get some info. and ideas!.
Good luck,
Pat
http://www.sailkenya.com

Ok, I talked with David Beavan with www.sailkenya.com and here is our
conversation. First off I had told him my situation and asked what he
might recomend

David Beavan
If you just want to get to Lamu, the best bet is to fly from Mombasa. It
is a bit difficult to cover a lot of miles north, because of the north east
monsoon, so dhows rely on the sea breeze, unless you motor all day.
But if you are interested in the dhow trip for itself, you can take a bus
to Kilifi from Mombasa, and we can take you to Lamu in 2-3 days, as well as
some the islands beyond Lamu.
Mombasa harbour is not that attractive!
yours
david

Me So would it be better to fly into Lamu and then try and sail
south from
there?

David Beavan
or sail more slowly to Lamu from Kilifi, taking in the Watamu marine

nature
reserve, perhaps the Tana delta.

I'm going to check into the crusing comunity and see what I can find
there.