Antigua recommendations (Antigua Village?)

Old October 13th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Joe Guy

Default Antigua recommendations (Antigua Village?)

Can't find a whole lot about Antigua village. One post (in 1997) said
that Antiqua Village had gotten a bit run-down and the beach wasn't
"great".

Current prices for Antigua Village range from $290 to $330 (studio)
per night. Suites from $360. (plus taxes).

What about:

Rex Blue Heron
Siboney Beach club
Hawksbill beach hotel

others?
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Rita Daggett

Can't find a whole lot about Antigua village.
Fraid I've never hear of it but

Rex Blue Heron

if this is the one we went to (on west coast) a couple of years ago I'd
advise against it! (There are two Rex on Antigua)
Its on a beautiful beach; its small and the rooms are OK, but the food was
dreary and the wine was almost undrinkable. In fact we gave up drinking the
red.

Siboney Beach club

dont know
Hawksbill beach hotel

This looks and sounds great (Kuoni seem to be the only company that use it
from UK); we visited it forlunch on our first trip to Antigua in 1980 and it
looked as good as the brochure then. (we were staying at Half MOnn Bay,
unfortunately damaged in two hurricanes and never re-opened; it was
fantastic and I wont go to Antigua again unless and until it re-opens!)

--
Rita Daggett

Old October 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Laura Billmers

My husband and I stayed at Hawksbill about 10 years ago. At that time
it was fantastic! Beautiful setting. Lovely accomodations. Super
beaches and snorkeling. I was in tears when it waas time to leave. I
hope to get back there someday.

Old October 13th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Rita Daggett

Rex Blue Heron
Siboney Beach club
Hawksbill beach hotel

others?

PS you will find lots of conflicting reviews of places on

http://www.tripadvisor.com/
so it may or may not be helpful!

--
Rita Daggett

Old October 13th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Sarah Banick

Joe -- There is an active Antigua forum at
http://f27.parsimony.net/forum67635/ They talk about these things all the
time.

Sarah

Old October 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
JF

I stayed there in the late 80's. Casual and the decor depends on the
unit. Great location if you want to be where the action is. I have not
booked a client in there for years.

Ann Phelan
www.antiguacaribbean.com

Old December 5th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Cindy C

We stayed at Antigua Village two years ago. We were quite happy. Very little
beach, but adequete. Nice and quiet.

Regards,
Cindy

m...

"Joe Guy" wrote in message

Can't find a whole lot about Antigua village. One post (in 1997)
said
that Antiqua Village had gotten a bit run-down and the beach
wasn't
"great".

Current prices for Antigua Village range from $290 to $330
(studio)
per night. Suites from $360. (plus taxes).

What about:

Rex Blue Heron
Siboney Beach club
Hawksbill beach hotel

others?

Ive been to ANtigua 5 times, both for work and pleasure. Avoid all Rex
Resorts. I 110% recommen Bluewaters in Antigua....fabulous staff,
incredible food, gorgeous rooms and just fab.

WWW.bluewaters.net and check out their reviews on tripadvisor. and no, I
dont work for them! (I wish!)

--
Lucy