Mtu Moja Na Umbwa Yake

Old March 31st, 2004, 02:03 PM
simon nomail

Default Mtu Moja Na Umbwa Yake

Hi all, i'm looking for the english translation of the following swahili
phrase...

"Mtu Moja Na Umbwa Yake"

something to do with the creation of a man and a woman??

your help would be appreciated.

many thanks... simon

Old March 31st, 2004, 03:29 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

simon nomail wrote:

Hi all, i'm looking for the english translation of the following swahili
phrase...

"Mtu Moja Na Umbwa Yake"

something to do with the creation of a man and a woman??

your help would be appreciated.

That means "A (one) man and his Creator".

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:53 PM
Gross50

it means one man and his dog

direct translation being

Mtu man
Moja one

Na and
Umbwa dog
Yake his

--
John 3:16

Old March 31st, 2004, 04:25 PM
simon nomail

Thankyou, sorta nearly right!!

cheeers... simon

"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
.. .

Old March 31st, 2004, 05:47 PM
geoex@eircom

a man and its dog
not much to do with man and woman I'm affraid
salams

--
Charlie O Rapoport
Geographical Expeditions

# ICQ : 331722862

www.geographicalexpeditions.com

These are not every day holidays....

________________

"simon nomail" a écrit dans le message de ...
Hi all, i'm looking for the english translation of the following swahili
phrase...

"Mtu Moja Na Umbwa Yake"

something to do with the creation of a man and a woman??

your help would be appreciated.

many thanks... simon

---
This e-mail has been scanned by AVG for all known viruses at this date.
Old March 31st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

geoex@eircom wrote:

a man and its dog
not much to do with man and woman I'm affraid
salams

Not quite! Umbwa is the Creator (God). A dog is Mbwa.

Old April 1st, 2004, 04:59 AM
Gross50

Originally posted by Johan W. Elzenga
geoex@eircom

wrote:

a man and its dog
not

much to do with man and woman I'm affraid
salams

Not quite! Umbwa is the Creator (God). A dog is Mbwa.

--

Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor /

Photographer
http://www.johanfoto.nl/http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Muumba means creator. Umba means create. Mbwa means dog. Umbwa might
be mbwa mispelt.

--
John 3:16

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:57 PM
Augustas Kligys

Hi All,

Since sometime I have another SWAHILI phrase:

Tafadhali naomba msaada, kusafiri.

I would like to know the translation of it.

Does anyone understands this?

Thanks,
Augustas
http://www.kligys.com/en
Old April 1st, 2004, 07:05 PM
Kim

"Augustas Kligys" wrote in message om...
Hi All,

Since sometime I have another SWAHILI phrase:

Tafadhali naomba msaada, kusafiri.

I would like to know the translation of it.

Does anyone understands this?

Thanks,
Augustas
http://www.kligys.com/en

Tafadhali naomba msaada, kusafiri. - DIRECT TRANSLATION - PLEASE I AM BEGGING FOR HELP TO TRAVEL

OR PLEASE, I AM ASKING FOR PERMISSION TO TRAVEL

Cheers,

Kim

Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
Gross50

Direct translation does not work all the time. Depending on the context,
i suspect the phrase might be

I need your help to travel.

Tafadhali
please