Plitvice in Croatia

Old June 7th, 2004, 10:38 PM
BrianE

Default Plitvice in Croatia

Hi,

I heard that the Plitvice Jezera (lakes) had been badly damaged during
the Civil War, is this still the case or have they been restored,
repaired?

Many thanks

Old June 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Carole Allen

Plitvice is lovely. We spent an entire day hiking there in Sept.
01...simply breathtaking...nature has done some major healing... if
you are going to be in Croatia don't miss it..it was one of the
highlights of our trip... only wished we had had another day so we
could have stayed tehre overnight as well

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Jomar Hønsi

"BrianE" wrote in message
Hi,

I heard that the Plitvice Jezera (lakes) had been badly damaged during
the Civil War, is this still the case or have they been restored,
repaired?

Many thanks

I visited Plitvice last year and there was very little sign of war damage,
at least in the tourist complex and the national park. It is a lovely
place. In the nearby village of Mikunje there were some damaged
houses, but the main disaster-area is the south along the motorway
to Knin.

Here are some pictures from Plitvice and other places
in Croatia I visited
http://www.honsi.org/travel/letters/adria2003/Lb02.html

Cheers,
Jomar

Old June 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Anaana

Here is word from Croatia.....

Plitvice has been fully restored since the Civil war. There are two, I
think, hotels around. it's a national park, and if you are in Croatia, DON'T
MISS IT... it's really worth seeing...
and if you have any other questions, just ask....

Ana
--
4, 7, 10, 16, 28, 52, 100, 196, 388, 772

Old June 11th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Ante Sabo

Yup, they restored it, but now newly built highway makes it out of way to
Dalmatia, so if you are coming with car, you will
have to go off the highway in Karlovac and take 'normal' road to Split.
Definitely must visit place.

Mark Twain's Winnetou was filmed there...

Regards,
Ante Sabo

http://issa-apartmani.com.hr

Old June 12th, 2004, 11:18 PM