Help -- URGENT -- Booking a Cruise Now

Old January 27th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Pat

Default Help -- URGENT -- Booking a Cruise Now

Hi: I am booking a cruise and need to know just when the cabin
designation is valid. That is, if you book a category 8, is it official
as a category 8 at the time of booking or at the time of sailing? We
have a problem that the cruise lines are changing the cabin categories,
and we are booked on a category that is changing and at the time of
sailing will not be the cabin we want. Do we have to book the cabin we
want now according to the date of sailing?

All help would really be appreciated.

Old January 27th, 2004, 03:30 AM
JJ

Insist on a specific cabin assignment that will not change no matter how the
categories may be changed. JJ
.. .

Old January 27th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Cal Ford

Good question. If you book a specific cabin however you will sail in that cabin
no matter what it is called at the time of sailing. For instance, if you book a
Cat 5 cabin #5456 and later the designations are changed you will sail in Cat E
#5456. Same cabin, different name.

If you book a Cat GTY however your booking will be adjusted to keep you in the
same type of cabin as you had been promised. Or better hopefully. Hope this
helps ....

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , Pat says...

Old January 27th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Jim

Pat,
If you book a specific cabin you will get that cabin. If you book a GTY
cat * you will get at least a Cat 8a cabin and could possibly get an upgrade
to a higher or better cat. Those are assigned later. If you book a specific
cabin you will be assigned that cabin immediately.
Jim

.. .

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Pat

Hi: Thanks to all that replied. I probably was not very clear in my
original posting, but Celebrity are changing their upper class cabin
numbers to include a category CC which is concierge class. They have
stated that all their cabins that are 1A currently will change on April
20 to the CC class, and we sail on April 24. But, it seems that cruise
lines designate the cabin designation at the time of the cruise, not at
the time the cruise is booked. Therefore, even though I have a
confirmed 1A class cabin, it will not be upgraded since the confirmation
of cabin is at time of cruising. We have confirmed that the cabin is
booked is actually a class 2B, not 2A, but as I said will become 1A as
of April 20. So it looks like we are out of luck regarding an upgrade
at this time.

Again, thanks for all your input, and certainly welcome more!
Pat

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:16 PM
jcoulter

Pat wrote in
:

Hi: Thanks to all that replied. I probably was not very clear in my
original posting, but Celebrity are changing their upper class cabin
numbers to include a category CC which is concierge class. They have
stated that all their cabins that are 1A currently will change on
April 20 to the CC class, and we sail on April 24. But, it seems that

Could you be more specific, please. Assuming you booked a 1-A what cabin
numbe would you be expecting? If this cabin becomes a new category in the
reshuffle, you should still have the cabin. Are you worried that you will
be downgraded in effect and have a cabin that would now be listed as a 3 or
4? putting cabin numbers to it and checking against the revised floorplans
should take care of the matter.
Old January 28th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Pat

Maybe I can be a bit more specific. Right now, the cabin we are
confirmed on is on Celebrity and is category 1A. Celebrity state that
their cabin designations are changed, and 1A will become CC, or
concierge class. Also I should note that a cabin 1B, slightly below a
1A will become a 1A in April. As we are confirmed on in category 1A, we
have found that currently that cabin (8171) is designated as a cabin 1B.
Now for the burning question -- since we are confirmed in a 1A, is
this valid now or at the time of sailing? This makes a tremendous
difference.
Thanks

jcoulter wrote:
Pat wrote in
:

Old January 28th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Howard Garland

Pat wrote:

Maybe I can be a bit more specific. Right now, the cabin we are
confirmed on is on Celebrity and is category 1A. Celebrity state that
their cabin designations are changed, and 1A will become CC, or
concierge class. Also I should note that a cabin 1B, slightly below a
1A will become a 1A in April. As we are confirmed on in category 1A, we
have found that currently that cabin (8171) is designated as a cabin 1B.
Now for the burning question -- since we are confirmed in a 1A, is this
valid now or at the time of sailing? This makes a tremendous difference.
Thanks

Sounds like they have confirmed you in what will be a 1A at the time of
sailing. Given what you stated above, this is the only conclusion that
makes sense. But, why not pose your question directly with Celebrity?

Howie