Is the Queen Mary Really Haunted?

Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Is the Queen Mary Really Haunted?

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Queen Mary and thought it would
be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Is the Queen Mary Really Haunted? You Decide. Experience the All New
Ghost Encounters Tour With Peter James

LONG BEACH, Calif., March 2
From its beautiful Art Deco salons to the depths of its darkest
corridors, the Queen Mary has been a constant source for stories,
articles and documentaries about supernatural sightings and other
unexplained activity aboard the historic ship. Testimonials from
passengers and crewmembers continue to be reported and documented, all
of them wanting answers to what they've experienced. Do ghosts really
exist aboard the Queen Mary? To help shed some light on this topic,
the Queen Mary has introduced a new tour that is being offered daily
aboard the haunted ocean liner. The Ghost Encounters Tour with Peter
James is now offered in addition to the popular Ghosts & Legends of
the Queen Mary, a daily, special effects show. The cost of the new
tour is $8 for adults, $5 children (5-11) and is available with the
purchase of a General Admission or First Class Passage combination
ticket.

The hour-long walking tour will take guests to various haunted areas
of the ship including the Royal Theater, Propeller Box, Shaft Alley,
Engine Room, Boiler Room, First-Class Pool, and hotel decks. Four
locations will feature video monitors with recorded dialogue by
renowned paranormal researcher Peter James, who has been seen on the
Discovery and Sightings television shows. A Tour Guide will provide
additional knowledge of the reported hauntings. The Tour will be
offered at various times during attraction hours, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Additional weekend, evening hours will be added at a later date.

The existing Ghosts & Legends of the Queen Mary show will continue
with its daily schedule. Ghosts & Legends is a special effects,
walk-through show created aboard the ship that dramatizes actual
paranormal and historic events that have been reported over the past
65 years. The new Ghost Encounters Tour will not make use of special
effects but rather focus on actual, documented 'hot spots' around the
ship. Some subject matter covered in the tour may be unsuitable for
young children.

Peter James has performed significant amounts of investigative
research on the Queen Mary, and his findings have captured various
forms of paranormal activity including audible sounds, smells,
distinct temperature changes and visual activity. James hosts a dinner
and ghost tour aboard the Queen Mary on select Friday nights. His
abilities have also been witnessed on dozens of televised news
broadcasts, as well as numerous radio interviews, magazine articles
and newspaper coverage.

For more information about the Queen Mary attractions, hotel, and
restaurants, the public may call (562) 435-3511 or visit the Queen
Mary on line at www.queenmary.com. The Queen Mary is located at 1126
Queens Highway at the south end of the 710 Freeway, on the water in
Long Beach, California.

Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:59 PM
villa deauville

As I have posted before I can attest to her being a haunted ship. In
August 1963 I sailed on her Southampton to New York.
I was situated in third class and as I walked thru the corridor I heard
my name being called. My real given name. I looked around but no one was
there. During WW11 a GI I was seeing was on the crossing to France.
A few years ago we visited her.in Long Beach.. Some places had been
blocked off and It was hard to envision where I had been located. But
again as I walked thru her there was one spot that changed temperature
- becoming warm - and then
returning to what I presumed to be the norm.

SUNNY.......So, I am not the only one that has experienced this

Old March 2nd, 2004, 10:57 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"villa deauville" wrote in message
As I have posted before I can attest to her being a haunted ship. In
August 1963 I sailed on her Southampton to New York.
I was situated in third class and as I walked thru the corridor I heard
my name being called. My real given name. I looked around but no one was
there. During WW11 a GI I was seeing was on the crossing to France.
A few years ago we visited her.in Long Beach.. Some places had been
blocked off and It was hard to envision where I had been located. But
again as I walked thru her there was one spot that changed temperature
- becoming warm - and then
returning to what I presumed to be the norm.

SUNNY.......So, I am not the only one that has experienced this

Wow, Sunny! How interesting! We stayed on her overnight before taking our
Star Princess cruise over a year ago~we specifically booked the old cabin (a
two bedroom one) instead of the new renovated ones and I had hoped after
hearing the ghost stories and legends that we would have a personal
experience of our own~but no such luck!

--Jean ;-)

Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:08 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:57:14 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

"villa deauville" wrote in message
As I have posted before I can attest to her being a haunted ship. In
August 1963 I sailed on her Southampton to New York.
I was situated in third class and as I walked thru the corridor I heard
my name being called. My real given name. I looked around but no one was
there. During WW11 a GI I was seeing was on the crossing to France.
A few years ago we visited her.in Long Beach.. Some places had been
blocked off and It was hard to envision where I had been located. But
again as I walked thru her there was one spot that changed temperature
- becoming warm - and then
returning to what I presumed to be the norm.

SUNNY.......So, I am not the only one that has experienced this

Wow, Sunny! How interesting!

YES ISN'T IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 05:27 AM

What people won't do to drum up their business. ....Reminds me of the
loch ness monster BS. ... I've stayed on the QM a couple of times.
...Even tried to sneak into the 1st. class pool area via a sideways (out
of bounds) route, but couldn't get to it. ...AAR, I saw nothing creeping
through the old hallways and dining rooms. ...And nothing showed up on
my video tape, either. ....Perhaps the ghost was away on vacation
during my stay. ...Probably out on a cruise somewhere. ...Jon

Old March 6th, 2004, 03:08 PM
villa deauville

So Bob when is the wedding? How are your three children? Will your
address change to Bob & ?????.
Is your 13 year old son still interested in NASCAR and how are the
twins?
I see you have mentioned you are taking a cruise for your honeymoon.
Your first cruise?
Poor Amy. Never got to cruise

SUNNY........just be careful you dont fall overbard

S'nd I
XXX

Old March 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Cruising Chrissy

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 10:08:10 -0500 (EST), (villa
deauville) wrote:

Poor Amy. Never got to cruise

SUNSET........just be careful you dont fall overbard

You're a fake. There is no such word as "overbard" in Brit. I'll bet
your actually a (Germ)an.
Old March 6th, 2004, 06:04 PM
David Seifert

Of course there is! Overbard - vt - Excessivly fixated on the works
of William Shakespeare.

running and ducking

David