Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 10th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Frank F. Matthews

I think that you have the relationship reversed. Mickey has both Jeb &
shrub as hostages.

William wrote:

puzzled wrote in message . ..

A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone explain
this to me.

Jeb is holding Mickey Mouse hostage?

Old September 10th, 2004, 02:01 AM
ivy_mike

"William Brackeen" wrote in message .com...

See my answer to No. 1.

rest snipped for space

I agree with just about everything Pete said. As far as humidity,
being a native Georgian, I know heat and humidity, but FL is WORSE!
Once you get away from ocean or gulf breezes, it's almost always
like a friggin' sauna down there (except of course during dry periods
during winter). Plus, you have (near the ocean or gulf) all that
salt in the air that can add to the misery and deposits of salt everywhere.

Biting insects? The place can be a living hell. Worse than just about
anywhere I can imagine in the U.S.

White trash? FL has got to be one of the biggest magnets in America for
the raggedly-ass set. It's because of the warmth and the fact that the
state has nearly one big shoreline as a border. People like that
are attracted to places like this. I've visited FL quite a few times,
but I sure as hell would never want to live there. Never.

--
Regards, IM

Old September 10th, 2004, 04:20 AM
AC

Still not significant, because a hurricane can be defined as a random event.

"DBM" wrote in message
Begin Quote from a post by 'AC'...

"...Just how significant do you think your sample of 4-5 standing
houses out of the houses in all of Florida is?..."

End Quote...

Actually, it may be HIGHLY SIGNIFICANT, **IF** the 4 or 5 houses were
among the only ones left standing in a neighbourhood devastated by
Hurricanes and/or storms...

Old September 10th, 2004, 04:28 AM
AC

It would be highly significant, if after several hurricanes had passed
through his town, they all left the same 4-5 houses standing.

It's really easy to work out the odds of his 4 houses being all knocked down
by tornadoes. 6th grade probability will show you that it's miniscule.

But as he says, he was responding to an "idiot". Not sure what that really
entails, but hey - goodlucktaya!

Old September 10th, 2004, 08:54 AM
R M

Works for me, they just take too damn long too execute them. They knew

the
rules and chose to play. People seem to forget that the criminal is not

the
victim and execution is a punishment not a deterrent.

It does cut the recidivism WAY back though.

I was going to say that but it is a big word for liberals to sound out.

Old September 10th, 2004, 01:53 PM
ivy_mike

"clint" wrote in message ...
Good, we got too many aholes like you already!

And one other thing I forgot. I believe FL ranks #1 in
the U.S. with most thunderstorm days per year. Central FL
is one of the lightning capitals of the world. So much
for the "Sunshine State" moniker...

--
Regards, IM