bookstore in Paris

Old February 18th, 2005, 08:21 AM
pavel

Default bookstore in Paris

hi
can anybody recommend some good bookstores in Paris? I know those on
boulevard St. Michel, but taking into concideration how big readers
French are, I believe there must something bigger with a greater
choice. On the web there are a lot of excellent bookstores but for one
or two books it is not worth paying the fees and postage. In other
words- is there a store where you can buy the stuff they offer on such
e-shops as alapage.fr or fnac.fr
thanks for any help

Pouvez-vous dire quelles sont (et o=F9 se trouvent-elles?) les plus
grandes librairies de Paris? Merci=20
Pavel

Old February 18th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Earl Evleth

On 18/02/05 9:21, in article
, "pavel"
wrote:

hi
can anybody recommend some good bookstores in Paris? I know those on
boulevard St. Michel, but taking into concideration how big readers
French are, I believe there must something bigger with a greater
choice. On the web there are a lot of excellent bookstores but for one
or two books it is not worth paying the fees and postage. In other
words- is there a store where you can buy the stuff they offer on such
e-shops as alapage.fr or fnac.fr
thanks for any help

Pouvez-vous dire quelles sont (et où se trouvent-elles?) les plus
grandes librairies de Paris? Merci
Pavel

Since we live near FNAC on the rue de Rennes, we tend to drop in there.
Ordering by the net I used Amazon although this can be done also
using FNAC.

The problem is whether you are interest in specialty items. For instance
my wife is preparing something on WWII, medical nutrition and sure enough
there is one of the book stalls on the Seine which specializes in cookbooks,
even from the occupation period. There is another bookstore which
specializes in new and used books on history (Pages Histoire in the 6th).

Boulevard St Michel has a lot of cheap books, stuff that is jobbed
off, like photo-histories of Paris or whatever. Also the rue des Ecoles
has a couple like this. There has been a gradual closing of small
bookstores in Paris, a slow evaporation which also occurs in the
case of cafes, characuteries, and other every day commercial establishments.
The city is becoming over supplied with clothing stores including
shoe stores. Trying to find a good "cheese" store is a parcours de
combattant.

Earl

Old February 18th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Alan \(in Brussels\)

"pavel" a écrit dans le message de
oups.com...
hi
can anybody recommend some good bookstores in Paris? I know those on
boulevard St. Michel, but taking into concideration how big readers
French are, I believe there must something bigger with a greater
choice. On the web there are a lot of excellent bookstores but for one
or two books it is not worth paying the fees and postage. In other
words- is there a store where you can buy the stuff they offer on such
e-shops as alapage.fr or fnac.fr

If you have any reason to be in Lille (eg on your way to/from the UK by
rail), you should certainly head for what is reputed to be one of the
world's biggest and best bookstores: "Le Furet du Nord" (now part of the
FNAC group) in the Pl. du Général de Gaulle ( a few minutes' walk along the
Rue Faidherbe from Lille Flandres railway station).

Regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old February 18th, 2005, 02:56 PM
pavel

hi,
thank you very much, hope your recommendations will help
Pavel

Alan (in Brussels) wrote:
"pavel" a =E9crit dans le message de
oups.com...
hi
can anybody recommend some good bookstores in Paris? I know those on
boulevard St. Michel, but taking into concideration how big readers
French are, I believe there must something bigger with a greater
choice. On the web there are a lot of excellent bookstores but for

one
or two books it is not worth paying the fees and postage. In other
words- is there a store where you can buy the stuff they offer on

such
e-shops as alapage.fr or fnac.fr

If you have any reason to be in Lille (eg on your way to/from the UK

by
rail), you should certainly head for what is reputed to be one of the
world's biggest and best bookstores: "Le Furet du Nord" (now part of

the
FNAC group) in the Pl. du G=E9n=E9ral de Gaulle ( a few minutes' walk

along the
Rue Faidherbe from Lille Flandres railway station).
=20
Regards,
=20
- Alan (in Brussels)

Old February 18th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Patrick Hernan

Patrick Wallace wrote:

FNAC is the brand leader I believe. Big branch at Les Halles.

And Place d'Italie too. Place de la Sorbonne has some bookstores too,
but these are academc press sort of places.

Old February 19th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Frank Clarke

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:30:35 -0800, Patrick Hernan
wrote:

And Place d'Italie too. Place de la Sorbonne has some bookstores too,
but these are academc press sort of places.

Gilbert Jeune, Livres Scolaires.

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)
Old February 20th, 2005, 09:12 AM
JuanElorza

Earl Evleth a écrit :
On 18/02/05 9:21, in article
, "pavel"
wrote:

hi
can anybody recommend some good bookstores in Paris? I know those on
boulevard St. Michel, but taking into concideration how big readers
French are, I believe there must something bigger with a greater
choice. On the web there are a lot of excellent bookstores but for one
or two books it is not worth paying the fees and postage. In other
words- is there a store where you can buy the stuff they offer on such
e-shops as alapage.fr or fnac.fr
thanks for any help

Pouvez-vous dire quelles sont (et où se trouvent-elles?) les plus
grandes librairies de Paris? Merci
Pavel

Since we live near FNAC on the rue de Rennes, we tend to drop in there.
Ordering by the net I used Amazon although this can be done also
using FNAC.

Outside (really interesting) smaller libraries, some very big book stores.

Fnac (Forum des Halles)
1 r Pierre Lescot 75001 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 40 41 40 00

Fnac (Montparnasse)
136 r Rennes 75006 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 49 54 30 00

Fnac (St Lazare)
109 r St Lazare 75009 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 55 31 20 00

Fnac (Etoile) A proximité
26 av Ternes 75017 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 44 09 18 00

Virgin Mégastore
Librairie - musique - vidéo DVD - multimedia
papeterie - billetterie spectacle.
52 av Champs Elysées 75008 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire 01 49 53 50 00

To find their location you can use mappy
http://www4.mappy.com/?lang=en

[...]

Fromagerie & Produits Régionaux A proximité
120 r Charonne 75011 Paris | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo .01 43 71 58 48
fax : .01 43 71 58 65
Cuisine traditionnelle française
à emporter-possibilité livraison
Fromages et produits régionaux

Crèmerie Voltaire A proximité
247 bd Voltaire 75011 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 43 71 60 06

Le Jardin Fromager A proximité
53 r Oberkampf 75011 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 48 05 19 96

Zaghdoun Clément A proximité
114 av Ledru Rollin 75011 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 43 55 24 04

Fine Bouche A proximité
3 r Rendez Vous 75012 Paris | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo .01 46 28 43 63
http://www.finebouche-fromager.com/

Fromagerie Baudu A proximité
125 r Caulaincourt 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 42 58 14 57

Fromagerie Bocquet A proximité
32 r Abbesses 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 42 52 96 27

Fromagerie Damrémont A proximité
54 r Damrémont 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 46 06 76 54
fax : 01 42 52 85 69

Fromagerie de Montmartre A proximité
9 r Poteau 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 46 06 26 03
01 46 06 79 94

Fromagerie de Square (SARL) A proximité
1Bis r Joseph Dijon 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 46 06 64 03

La Ferme Saint Louis A proximité
75Bis r Ordener 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 42 57 33 85

Les Halles aux Fromages A proximité
92 av St Ouen 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 44 85 66 50

Robinet Alain A proximité
64 r Lamarck 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 46 06 54 40

Ben-Ahmed Abdelwaheb A proximité
53 r Goutte d'Or 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 42 54 93 92

Crémerie Ramey A proximité
61 r Ramey 75018 PARIS | Plan/Itinéraire | Photo 01 42 64 62 63

Earl

Old February 21st, 2005, 05:50 PM
anonymouse

The Rev Gaston wrote:

You couldn't let it lie, could you?

G;

Hi,

well we'd let the Rev. Gaston lie so we could rub his belly :-}

ttyl

akia