How is this possible in Finland??

Old September 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default How is this possible in Finland??

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...23/2372515.htm
apparently there are a lot of guns in Finland....

And very polite but ineffective police:
'Police reached him on Monday, September 22, and asked him to be
interviewed regarding the shooting video," Ms Holmlund said.'

Would you *want* the police to be so effective that they rounded
up everybody found be acting weirdly within minutes?

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old September 24th, 2008, 10:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

Would you *want* the police to be so effective that they rounded
up everybody found be acting weirdly within minutes?

No way!

--
Tim C.
google.groups killfiled to reduce spam
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Tim C. writes:

Even without guns.

Guns facilitate the violence by orders of magnitude.
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Markku Grönroos writes:

Prime minister Vanhanen has speculated by a possibility that all hand guns
will become illegal in civilian hands by a new set of laws.

Presumably mass murder is already illegal, but that didn't stop this person.

I've never pictured Finland as a place where people own handguns to begin
with. Is this common? What are the requirements for buying and owning a
handgun today?
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:29:21 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Tim C. writes:

Even without guns.

Guns facilitate the violence by orders of magnitude.

I don't know if they facilitate violence by orders of magnitude,
and I don't imagine you have a speck of data to support that
claim, but I do suspect they facilitate more extreme consequences
of violence.

Old September 25th, 2008, 12:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mxsmanic

Hatunen writes:

I don't know if they facilitate violence by orders of magnitude,
and I don't imagine you have a speck of data to support that
claim, but I do suspect they facilitate more extreme consequences
of violence.

How many people have been killed in mass murders in Finnish schools by weapons
other than guns?
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 01:58:06 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Hatunen writes:

I don't know if they facilitate violence by orders of magnitude,
and I don't imagine you have a speck of data to support that
claim, but I do suspect they facilitate more extreme consequences
of violence.

How many people have been killed in mass murders in Finnish schools by weapons
other than guns?

Please re-read what I said until you comprehend it.

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:51:44 -0700, Hatunen wrote in post :
:

Please re-read what I said until you comprehend it.

Comprehension isn't one of Mixi's strong points.

--
Tim C.
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_4_]

"Tim C." wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:51:44 -0700, Hatunen wrote in post :
:

Please re-read what I said until you comprehend it.

Comprehension isn't one of Mixi's strong points.

Mixi doesn't have ANY strong points.
--
JohnT

Old September 25th, 2008, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:31:10 +0100, JohnT wrote in post :
:

"Tim C." wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 20:51:44 -0700, Hatunen wrote in post :
:

Please re-read what I said until you comprehend it.

Comprehension isn't one of Mixi's strong points.

Mixi doesn't have ANY strong points.

Well, he locks himself in a cupboard most of the time, so that's a good
thing.
--
Tim C.